Likewise, you would not expect a top-list from such a publication to be necessarily a GOOD top-list, and yet that is what has happened with Time’s list of the Best Games of the Year, including a very unique, but no-doubt worthy, choice selected as their #1 Best Game of the Year.
Personally I find this list to be a great one, possibly even better than the VGAs 2010 Game of the Year top list. It’s especially nice to see a top list that gives iPhone games serious consideration and puts them along with the big leagues. As there is no doubt that Angry Birds is worthy of a top-spot among best videogames of 2010 for many people. Time gives the casual puzzler its due by voting it as the 2nd Best Game of 2010.
Here is the Time Magazine Best Games of the Year, with the top prize going to Remedy’s long-in-development Xbox 360 survival horror exclusive Alan Wake.
1. Alan Wake (Xbox 360 – Microsoft, Remedy)
2. Angry Birds (iOS, Android – Chillingo, Rovio)
3. Red Dead Redemption (PS3, Xbox 360 – Rockstar Games, Rockstar San Diego)
4. Halo: Reach (Xbox 360 – Microsoft, Bungie)
5. Super Mario Galaxy 2 (Wii – Nintendo)
6. Limbo (Xbox 360 – Microsoft, PlayDead)
7. Super Meat Boy (WiiWare, PC, Mac, Xbox Live Arcade – Team Meat)
8. Super Street Fighter IV (Xbox 360, PS3 – Capcom)
9. StarCraft II: Wings of Liberty (PC – Blizzard)
10. Mass Effect 2 (PC, Xbox 360 – Electronic Arts, BioWare)
Here’s an extended look at Alan Wake.
Via Time Magazine