The casual game hit from PopCap Games, Plants vs Zombies, is finally getting the Xbox Live Arcade treatment.
The game will be released in early September and will contain everything that fans of the hit expect, in addition to a few console Live Arcade exclusives.
Watch The Latest Gaming News:
Plants vs. Zombies on XBLA will deliver more game content than any previous iteration of the franchise, boasting seven game modes, including two all-new multiplayer modes, 12 unique achievements and 21 mini-games. Upon its release, Plants vs. Zombies for XBLA will be available for 1200 Microsoft Points (US$15.00).
“With a ton of new features and content exclusive to the XBLA version, we’ve pulled out all the stops to both expand and optimize this adaptation for a hard core gaming audience,” said Ed Allard, head of worldwide studios at PopCap. “The two new multiplayer modes allow gamers to work cooperatively to defeat hordes of invading zombies, or go head-to-head in a true ‘plants vs. zombies’ challenge. We’re also featuring a customized ‘house’ for tracking and sharing progress as well as a total of 21 mini-games and 12 achievements, all designed to enthrall Plants vs. Zombies players once again.”
Key features of the game include:
* A total of seven game modes, including two new multiplayer modes: Co-Op and Vs. Mode.
* 12 achievements and 21 mini-games — more than any other adaptation, and including the exclusive Heavy Weapon-inspired mini-game.
* A goofy new way to track and share progress online, where players create their own custom house and cruise down the street to see their friends’ cribs!
* The highest resolution of any Plants vs. Zombies adaptation to date at 1920 x 1080.
* All 50 levels of the original Adventure mode along with Puzzle, Survival, and Zen Garden.