Below we’ve compiled a list of the best secrets for this Zelda-style action RPG adventure from developers Silicon Studio and From Software (thanks to Atlus and Southpeak for publishing it for us Westerners).
INDEX OF 3D DOT GAME HEROES GUIDES:
Where to find the Heroes Sword how-to guide
The Heroes Sword is an excellent weapon that can be found within the graveyard. Once you have finished beating the Fire Temple, you will have earned the Flame Wand. Naturally, you can use this to burn down shrubs, allowing you to finally enter the Graveyard in the South Western corner of the Overworld map. Find the unmarked grave and push it to reveal a secret passage. Defeat the Ghost of the Ancient Hero to earn the Heroes Sword.
Pro Tip: Cast the Reflex spell within the Graveyard to keep yourself from Ghostly harm.
Where to find the Heroes Shield how-to guide
The Heroes Shield is the strongest shield in the game, so you’ll definitely want to find it. Before attempting to get it, make sure you have at least 4,000G in money. After conquering the Wind Temple and getting the Flame Shield, talk to Deak in Rayjack Village and have your shield upgraded to the Bolt Shield (cost: $1,000). Then make your way to Jim’s Shack in the Northwestern Mountainous region. Talk to the mustachioed green guy and buy a Red Key, Blue Key and Green Key from him at $1000 each. After that is done, head towards the Northern Swamp. Look to the West of the Dark Tower to find a cracked wall. Use a Bomb to blow a hole in the wall if you haven’t done so already and go inside. At the bottom of the dungeon is an adventurer who takes interest in your Bolt Shield. Trade it to him and he’ll exchange it for the Heroes Shield!
Where to find the Anchor Rod how-to guide
After conquering the Wind Temple, but before heading back to Dotnia Castle to meet with the Sages, you can get the Anchor Rod. First buy two keys of each color at Jim’s Shack. Cross the small stream to the West and use your mini-map to see a Red Pixel along the cliff wall. Step onto it and you’ll be teleported to a new area. Seek out the treasure here to add the Anchor Rod to your collection. Now you can reach the circular island surrounded by water to the South of the Overworld.
Watch how to accomplish all of the above and a few more secrets like where to find all three Fairy’s in this video guide. To avoid a huge story spoiler, stop watching this secrets video at 2:41 minutes, wait a few seconds longer and you will have ruined the game for yourself:
Fairy Locations. Where to Find Fairies #1, 2 and 3
Fairies #1 #2 – Grapple to the circular island with the Anchor Rod and blow open the wall to reveal a cave. Enter it and make it to the far end and spend keys from Jim’s Shack to find two Fairies.
Fairy #3 – You’ll find a similar cave in the Far North. Head a few screens southeast of the hotel in the swamp.
Where to find the Fish Sword how-to guide
In order to locate the Fish Sword, you have to have already beaten the Water Temple. You’ll then find a guy standing around that you can talk to. Do so and you’ll be given the Fish Sword.
Sword Always Huge? Is It Possible to Keep It Small?
No, the sword is not always huge. So yes it is possible to keep a sword small. Upgrades only go into effect when you have full health, and most swords in the game do not get too ridiculously huge in length or width.
How to Make Link From Zelda in 3D Dot Game Heroes how-to guide
Use the following block pictures below to guide you in the creation of making a pixel-by-pixel replication of Link from The Legend of Zelda in 3D Dot Game Heroes character creator.
1. 3D Dot Game Heroes Link Standing
2. 3D Dot Game Heroes Link Walking
3. 3D Dot Game Heroes Link Walk Animation 2
4. 3D Dot Game Heroes Link Hurray (No Jaw)
5. 3D Dot Game Heroes Link Hurray (With Jaw)
6. 3D Dot Game Heroes Link Attack
3D Dot Game Heroes Trophies List
Earn Bronze (41), Silver (5), Gold (3) or Platinum (1) Trophies to increase your Gamer Level.
1. A Hero Is Never Defeated! (Silver) – Clear the game without Dying.
2. Already got used to it? (Bronze) – Play the game for 5 hours.
3. And, It’s Already Dawn… (Bronze) – Stay at an Inn with the Princess.
4. Blew Up a Monster! (Bronze) – Kill an Enemy with the Bomb.
5. Celebrate! Spelunker 10 Hours! (Bronze) – Play Spelunkers mode for 10 hours.
6. Collected All Swords! (Gold) – Obtain Every Sword.
7. Congratulations! (Platinum) – Congratulations! Thanks for playing up till here.
8. Congratulations! Mr Spelunker (Gold) – Clear the Spelunker Mode.
9. Defeat Priest Fuelle! (Bronze) – Defeat Priest Fuelle without taking any damage.
10. Defeated a Giant Enemy! (Bronze) – Kill a Guardian.
11. Defeated a Monster! (Bronze) – Kill an Enemy with the Sword.
12. Defeated the Dark Knight! (Bronze) – Defeat the Dark Knight without taking any damage.
13. Defeated the Dragon! (Bronze) – Defeat the Dragon without taking any damage.
14. Defeated the Giga Golem! (Bronze) – Defeat the Giga Golem without taking any damage.
15. Defeated the Kraken! (Bronze) – Defeat the Kraken without taking any damage.
16. Defeated the Queen Bee! (Bronze) – Defeat the Queen Bee without taking any damage.
17. Defeated the Snake! (Bronze) – Defeat the Snake without taking any damage.
18. Defeat the Dark Lord Onyx. (Bronze) – Defeat the Dark Lord Onyx without taking any damage.
19. Encyclopaedia Completed! (Gold) – Complete the Encyclopaedia.
20. Everybody Is Happy! (Bronze) – Return the princess to her normal form and clear the game.
21. Exorbitantly Wide and Long…! (Bronze) – Upgrade the Dynamo Sword to its maximum.
22. Finally, The World Is Saved! (Silver) – Clear the game on “From” Difficulty.
23. Found Ai! (Bronze) – Find Ai.
24. Found Sue! (Bronze) – Find Sue.
25. Interested In The Block King! (Bronze) – Obtain a sword by collecting little blocks.
26. Look After Your Health! (Bronze) – You’ve obtained the maximum amount of LIFE!
27. Lucky Sevens (Bronze) – Hold exactly 777 Gold.
28. Obtained The Heroes Shield! (Bronze) – Obtain the Heroes Shield.
29. Obtained The Heroes Sword! (Silver) – Obtain the Heroes Sword.
30. Obtained The Sword Of The Ancients! (Bronze) – Obtain the Sword of the Ancients.
31. Registered Priest Fuelle! (Bronze) – Register Priest Fuelle in the Encyclopaedia.
32. Registered a Monster! (Bronze) – Register an Enemy in the Encyclopaedia.
33. Registered the Dark Knight! (Bronze) – Register the Dark Knight in the Encyclopaedia.
34. Registered the Dark Lord Onyx! (Silver) – Register the Dark Lord Onyx in the Encyclopaedia.
35. Registered the Dragon! (Bronze) – Register the Dragon in the Encyclopaedia.
36. Registered the Giga Golem! (Bronze) – Register the Giga Golem in the Encyclopaedia.
37. Registered the Kraken! (Bronze) – Register the Kraken in the Encyclopaedia.
38. Registered the Queen Bee! (Bronze) – Register the Queen Bee in the Encyclopaedia.
39. Registered the Snake! (Bronze) – Register the Snake in the Encyclopaedia.
40. Saved A Spelunker! (Bronze) – Clear the Spelunker Event.
41. Shot a Monster! (Bronze) – Kill an Enemy with the Bow and Arrow.
42. Someone Wants To Join In! (Bronze) – Create an Edit Character.
43. The Adventure Still Continues! (Bronze) – Clear the game without returning the Princess to her normal form.
44. The Princess Appears! (Bronze) – Return the Princess to her normal form.
45. Took A Memento Photo! (Bronze) – Take a Photo.
46. Traveled Around The World! (Silver) – Go to all Maps.
47. Use Magic! (Bronze) – You’ve obtained the maximum amount of MAGIC!
48. What’s That? You Obtained The Sacred Sword! (Bronze) – Obtain the Sacred Sword.
49. Your Protected Yourself! (Bronze) – Guard an Enemies Attack.
50. Your Sword Has Got Stronger! (Bronze) – Improve your Sword.