Mass Effect 2 Codes Overview
Here’s a list of codes from the original Mass Effect that are most likely to work in Mass Effect 2, although initial reports say the console has been disabled in the sequel. Here’s how the cheats console for the original’s PC version was enabled and the list of codes to enter.
To enable the cheat box, go to Documents>BioWare>Mass Effect 2>Config on your PC. Now open BIOInput in Notepad. Go to the line that says [Engine.Console] and under it add the line ConsoleKey=Tilde. Now when playing the game, press the Tilde Key on your keyboard (~ is located above the Tab Key) and that will open the console for you to type the cheat you want to activate, listed below.
1. Activate “Fly Mode” – Type: Fly
2. Activate “All Armor” – Type: GiveAllArmor xs (Replace the xs with the name of the manufacturer)
3. Activate “All Grenades” – Type: GiveAllGrenades xs (Replace the xs with the name of the manufacturer
4. Activate “All Human Armor” – Type: GiveAllArmorHuman xs (Replace the xs with the name of the manufacturer)
5. Activate “All Krogan Armor” – Type: GiveAllArmorKrogan xs (Replace the xs with the name of the manufacturer)
6. Activate “All Quarian Armor” – Type: GiveAllArmorQuarian xs (Replace the xs with the name of the manufacturer)
7. Activate “All Turian Armor” – Type: GiveAllArmorTurian xs (Replace the xs with the name of the manufacturer)
8. Activate “All Weapons and Armor Mods” – Type: GiveAllXMods
9. Activate “All Weapons” – Type: GiveAllWeapons xs (Replace the xs with the name of the manufacturer)
10. Activate “Super Armor” – Type: givesuperarmor
11. Activate “Super Gun” – Type: givesupergun
12. Activate a “Bonus Talent” – Type: givebonustalent #
13. Activate “All Armors” – Type: GiveAllArmor
14. Activates “Bio Amps” – Type: GiveAllBioamps (Replace the xs with the name of the manufacturer)
15. Activates “Omni Tool” – Type: GiveAllOmniTools (Replace the xs with the name of the manufacturer)
16. Activates Everything for Your Character (Outside of Armor) – Type: giveall
17. Increase or Decrease the “Party’s Credits” – Type: AdjustCredits (Plus or Minus Number)
18. Teleports the player to a Location Specified by the Crosshairs – Type: teleport
19. Give Experience Points – Type: givexp # (Replace # With the Amount of Experience Points you want)
20. Give Paradon Points – Type: setparagon # (Replace # With the Amount of Paragon Points you want)
21. Give Renegade Points – Type: setrenegade # (Replace # with the Amount of Renegade Points you want)
22. Give Credits – Type: adjustcredits # (Replace # with the Amount of Credits you want)
23. Give Talent Points – Type: givetalentpoints # (Replace # with the Amount of Talent Points you want)
24. Activate On-Foot Control – Type: walk
25. Set the # of Grenades – Type: initgrenades #
26. Set Amount of Party Credits – Type: InitCredits (number)
27. Unlock Achievements – Type: unlockachievement #
28. Activate the Ability to Walk Through Walls – Type: ghost
How to unlock Mass Effect 2 Armors and M-90 Weapon
If you pre-ordered Mass Effect 2, then you’ll be privy to some secret and rare weapons and armor that people who didn’t reserve their copy won’t get access to. This will greatly enhance Commander Shepard’s skills and abilities, making it easier (and more fun) for you to complete the game.
We’ll add the pre-order codes here when they becomes available for all to download.
PS3 owners get free gear: Until February 23rd, 2011, Mass Effect 2 players on Playstation 3 can download the Terminus Armor and M-490 Blackstorm Projector Weapon free of charge from the PSN Store. After February 23rd, the Terminus Gear will still be available, but as paid DLC.
The bonus weapons and armor you get depends on where you pre-ordered the game from. Here is the list:
GameStop Pre-Order Bonuses Include:
* M-90 Blackstorm Heavy Weapon – Generates a high-powered localized gravity well, accelerating particles to near-infinite mass, and ultimately expanding the selection of heavy weapons available to players when they gear up for combat missions in Mass Effect 2.
* Terminus Armor – Designed for use in extreme planetary conditions, increasing run speed and personal shields, and augmenting weapons with an additional magazine of reserve ammo…
How to Redeem and activate Gamestop Terminus Armor code:
o For Xbox 360 / PC go to the Code Redemption page here: http://social.bioware.com/redeem/
o Sign in with your existing account or create a new account (make sure to sign in using the exact same account on your Xbox / social.bioware.com)
o Enter the Terminus / Cerberus code
o Upon successful redemption restart your console and load the game to complete / load the game and login, then upon successful redemption right-click on the download link and save to your computer. Install file. Restart game to complete.
Pre-Order Elsewhere to get:
* Inferno Armor – Used by officers to monitor battlefield conditions by recognizing elevated heart rates, and regulates sub-systems with extreme efficiency to allow for greater response times – together these abilities translate in-game into a negotiation bonus for Commander Shepard and an increase in run speed and augmented damage from combat powers.
Buy and register Dragon Age: Origins at EA.com to get: Blood Dragon Armor – This special armor’s microframe computer adapts to any top-tier omni-tool, kinetic barrier, or biotic amp, giving seemless and error-free performance. The chest and shoulder piece bears the logo of the Edmonton Blood Dragons, and the inside of the armor bears the signatures of the entire team.
How it boosts your stats:
* Increases power damage by 15%
* Increases shield strength by 10%
Here is what in-game items come with the Special Edition package:
* Exclusive Collector Armor which increases your max health, health regeneration, and running speed and an exclusive Collector Assault Rifle weapon, which can quickly deplete enemy shields.
* Cerberus Network card which grants you access to bonus content.
Any launch day downloadable content for Mass Effect 2 will be free. “BioWare will not be charging extra for any new Mass Effect 2 content on launch day.” This includes not only armor and weapons, but also an unlockable planet / mission and a new ally named Zaeed Messani. All will be accessible via the in-game store called the “Cerberus Network.” Both retail and digital versions will include a code to unlock this DLC portal.
New Game Plus Mode cheat for Mass Effect 2 for beating Mass Effect 1
Just like in the first Mass Effect game, a “New Game+” mode is available in Mass Effect 2. This will allow you to replay the game after beating it with the same character import file, allowing you to play the game again with all of your stats and choices intact. Additionally, those who played through Mass Effect 1 and saved their file, will be able to import it into Mass Effect 2! There will be a maximum of 11 end-game-saves possible. All the choices you made in Mass Effect 1 (Did you save the Council? Who survived Virmire? How did you handle your most ardent fan?) will affect the world and direction of Mass Effect 2.
To clarify, “The information pertains not just to what your ending was, but to literally hundreds of things. Anytime we have a plot or a character or situation in Mass Effect 2, we think about what you did, potentially, in the first game that might affect said plot or character or situation in the second. We can look at each variable and dynamically change what happens in the moment,” says lead producer Casey Hudson.
Also, if you finished Mass Effect 1 at a high level, you’ll gain greater bonuses in Mass Effect 2 than those who beat Mass Effect 1 at a lower level when importing your file.
Mass Effect Galaxy Completion Bonus in Mass Effect 2
If you play through and beat the iPhone game Mass Effect Galaxy (previously entitled Mass Effect: Jacob’s Story), you’ll be awarded with a special bonus in Mass Effect 2. To activate the cheat, you will need to play through the iPhone game to completion and then login to your EA.com Account. To do this go to Extras within Mass Effect Galaxy, and then go to “Stay Informed”. Now make sure that your EA.com account is already linked to your Xbox Live GamerTag. If so you’ll get the following message: “Your reward for completing the game is already waiting for you in Mass Effect 2”.
How to enable Mass Effect Galaxy bonus dialog on Xbox 360 and PC:
* You must play and finish the Mass Effect Galaxy iPhone game and log into your EA account to upload the unlock.
* When playing Mass Effect 2 you must have Miranda and Jacob in your party to witness a bonus conversation between the two.
Where to buy pets in Mass Effect 2
If you’re wondering how to get pets and where. You can buy pets like Illium Skald Fishes and a Space Hamster at a souvenir shop in The Citadel. Once you’ve bought them, return to The Normandy 2 and go to your Captain’s Quarters. Watch the video below to see what they all look like once onboard in your cabin.
* Space Hamster description: “This small furry rodent looks up at you with what seems like a knowing smile.”
* Illium Skald Fish description: “Large spined fish common to the lakes of Illium.”
Mass Effect 2 Xbox 360 Achievements List
Earn the Achievement to get the corresponding amount of GamerPoints added to your GamerScore.
1. A House Divided (10) – Hack a Geth collective.
2. Against All Odds (15) – Survive suicide mission.
3. Agent (50) – Complete 5 missions discovered by scanning unexplored worlds.
4. Battlemaster (10) – Gain the loyalty of the krogan.
5. Big Game Hunter (10) – Thresher Maw defeated.
6. Brawler (10) – Shoot and kill 20 enemies while they’re knocked back by a punch.
7. Cat’s in the Cradle (10) – Gain the loyalty of the Assassin.
8. Catharsis (10) – Gain the loyalty of the biotic Convict.
9. Colony Defense (25) – Defend a human colony from attack.
10. Doppelganger (10) – Help the Justicar resolve her mission.
11. Explorer (10) – Visit 100% of the planets in an unexplored cluster.
12. Fade Away (10) – Gain the loyalty of Archangel.
13. Fashionista (5) – Personalize your armor in your quarters on the Normandy.
14. Friend or Foe (10) – Obtain geth technology.
15. Ghost Ship (25) – Complete the investigation of a derelict alien vessel.
16. Ghost of the Father (10) – Gain the loyalty of the Cerberus Operative.
17. Head Hunter (10) – Perform 30 headshot kills with any weapon on humanoid targets.
18. Highly Trained (15) – View all advanced combat training videos at Shepard’s private terminal.
19. Incineration Specialist (15) – Incinerate the armor of 25 enemies.
20. Insanity (75) – Complete the game on the “Insanity” difficulty level without changing the setting.
21. Long Service Medal (75) – Complete Mass Effect 2 twice, or complete it once with a character imported from Mass Effect 1.
22. Master at Arms (15) – Kill enemies with 5 different heavy weapons during the game.
23. Merciless (10) – Make 20 enemies scream as they fall or are set on fire.
24. Missing in Action (5) – Save your crew from an overwhelming attack.
25. Mission Accomplished (125) – Save humanity throughout the galaxy from certain annihilation.
26. No One Left Behind (75) – Keep your team alive through the suicide mission.
27. Operative (15) – Complete a mission discovered by scanning an unexplored world.
28. Overload Specialist (15) – Disrupt the shields of 25 enemies.
29. Paramour (50) – Successfully pursue a relationship with a teammate.
30. Power Full (15) – Evolve any power.
31. Power Gamer (10) – Reach Level 30 with one character.
32. Prospector (5) – Retrieve mineral resources by scanning and probing a planet in the galaxy map.
33. Scholar (15) – Unlock 15 new Mass Effect 2 codex entries.
34. Scientist (10) – Complete any research project in the Normandy’s laboratory.
35. Suicide Mission (50) – Use the Omega 4 Relay.
36. Tactician (10) – Hit 20 different targets with multiple biotic powers to combine the effects.
37. Technician (15) – Obtain 10 technology upgrades.
38. The Archangel (10) – Successfully recruit Archangel .
39. The Assassin (10) – Successfully recruit the Assassin .
40. The Convict (10) – Successfully recruit the biotic Convict .
41. The Cure (10) – Gain the loyalty of the Professor.
42. The Justicar (10) – Successfully recruit the Justicar.
43. The Krogan (10) – Successfully recruit the krogan.
44. The Prodigal (10) – Gain the loyalty of the Cerberus Officer.
45. The Professor (10) – Successfully recruit the Professor .
46. The Quarian (10) – Successfully recruit the quarian.
47. Treason (10) – Gain the loyalty of the quarian.
48. Very Elusive (10) – Return to active duty.
49. Warp Specialist (15) – Warp the barriers of 25 enemies.
50. Weapon Specialist (15) – Fully upgrade a weapon.
How is Commander Shepard still alive?
This video answers that burning question! Beware though, spoiler alert!
Get the scoop on all classes in the game on our Mass Effect 2 walkthrough page.