Looking for the New Super Mario Bros. Wii Star Coins? This guide will show you the locations of all the big hidden coins in the game. They are spread throughout the levels and give the game more replay value for those players willing to hunt them down (for some extra prizes).
This Star Coins hunt is worth the effort, because collecting all of them in each of the 8 worlds unlocks another new level in world 9!
Watch The Latest Gaming News:
TABLE OF CONTENTS
- World 1 Star Coins
- World 2 Star Coins
- World 3 Star Coins
- World 4 Star Coins
- World 5 Star Coins
- World 6 Star Coins
- World 7 Star Coins
- World 8 Star Coins
- World 9 Star Coins
Index of New Super Mario Bros WII Guides:
- This Page: New Super Mario Bros Wii Star Coins Locations Guide Worlds 1-9
- New Page: Walkthrough Worlds 1-9
- New Page: Cheats & Tips
- For Fun: Wallpapers
1. After the checkpoint. Use the Propeller Suit to get it.
2. Go in the pipe in the spinning ground section after the checkpoint. The coin is between two pipes.
3. On the higher route, just before the signpost (easy to miss if you’re on the lower route).
1. Just after entering the level near the roof.
2. Enter the top-right pipe above the first controlled platform. Use the P Block to turn the coins into blocks leading to the Star Coin.
3. After the checkpoint, you’ll see the Star Coin below that you can’t reach. Enter the bricked in pipe and use the P Block.
After the checkpoint, you’ll find a bricked-in green pipe (as well as the coin just beyond, which you can’t reach). Butt-stomp through the bricks to and enter the pipe. Underground, hit the P-Switch on the right side of the room to cause the coin to drop down.
1. Above a horizontal pipe in plain view shortly into the level.
2. Shortly after the checkpoint, hidden among three pipes of varying height. Enter the yellow pipe. Jump off Yoshi or a teammate to get the Star Coin.
3. Above a red pipe before the end of the level. Leap off Yoshi or a teammate to reach it.
1. You’ll see it by the first swinging platform.
2. Right before the checkpoint in a hidden shaft in the top-right corner. Use the three swings to reach it.
3. After the checkpoint, in the right-side shaft.
1. Above a pipe after the checkpoint, guarded by a Cheep Cheep.
2. In between two bubble-spewing pipes. Freeze a Cheep Cheep with the Ice Flower to get it, by riding on top of it as it floats up.
3. Just after the second Star Coin is the third. It’s behind a bubble-spewing pipe guarded by an Urchin. After freezing the Urchin like 3 times, it will sink to the bottom blocking the bubbles. Now you have access to the coin.
1. Where there are three circular tracks, use the Propeller Suit to reach a walkway above. The left-most block leads to a hidden area by climbing the beanstalk. Now ride the blocks to get the Star Coin.
2. Right side of the spinning green block (before the first screw), before the checkpoint.
3. Near the end of the spinning red blocks, just above a Paratroopa.
1. Found above a spinning ground section. Make a running jump from the steady ground before the third circling section that has the coin above. You’ll be able to reach it without having to jump on any enemies.
2. Found on a platform near a spinning ground section. Jump toward the coin atop a small platform from the circling section behind it. You’ll be able to reach it without any help.
3. Just below the checkpoint is a hidden alcove containing a pipe — get into it by leaping from the left side of the spinning-ground section. After warping inside the pipe, simply leap to the platform on the right where you’ll find the already visible coin.
1. Easily spotted.
2. Unreachable until you let a Thwomp above, fall down to smash the barrier. Giving you access to it.
3. Enter the green pipe near the boss dear. Inside, hit the P Block before collecting any coins, now run along the newly formed bricks and wall jump to get the Star Coin.
Continue to Page 2 for the World 2 Star Coins! Each World has its own Page! 😀