Looking for Dragon Age: Origins cheat codes for the PC version of the game? Below you will find a list of the console command cheat codes for this epic RPG from developer BioWare.
In order to enable the cheat codes console, you must do the following steps. Skip to #9 if you’re using Steam to play the game.
Watch The Latest Gaming News:
1. Make a shortcut to your desktop of “daorigins.exe” (Dragon Age/bin_ship/daorigins.exe). Note: use the .exe that is found in the “/bin_ship/” folder, because multiple wrong daorigins.exe are in the parent folder.
2. Bring up shortcut properties.
3. Under “Target” add the following: -enabledeveloperconsole (after — “daorigins.exe” ).
It will say target invalid unless you put a space between “-enabledeveloperconsole” and “C:\Program Files (x86)\Dragon Age\Bin_ship\daorigins.exe”.
4. Now go into the keybindings.ini file, which should be located in “My Documents\BioWare\Dragon Age\Settings\”.
5. Find the line “OpenConsole_0=Keyboard::Button_X” (GRAVE is default, change X to any button that is not already used in the game.)
6. Save the file.
7. Start the game with the shortcut you created on your desktop (daorigins.exe – shortcut).
8. In-game, you press the key that you have chosen and then type any of the codes below.
9. To enable the cheat codes console in the Steam version, right click on the game icon (in Steam), and select “properties”. Then click “Set Launch Options”. Finally enter “-enabledeveloperconsole” into the box and hit OK. Once you’ve loaded your last save, hit the “~” tilde button on your keyboard, and then type any of the codes below.
Here are the cheat codes for Dragon Age: Origins on PC:
1. Type: runscript zz_addparty NPCname – Add party member by name.
2. Type: runscript zz_addapproval X YY – Add to a companion approval rating, X = companion, YY = Amount.
3. Type: runscript zz_addparty – Allows player to break the party companion limit.
4. Type: runscript pc_immortal – God Mode. (You will still take damage, but you will not die.)
5. Type: runscript healplayer – Heals player/party.
6. Type: runscript killallhostiles – Kills all hositle creatures in area.
7. Type: runscript chargen – Origin screen.
8. Type: runscript selectparty – Party select screen.
9. Type: runscript zz_dropparty – Removes entire party.
10. Type: runscript zz_talk_nearest – Talk to nearest NPC.
11. Type: runscript zz_pre_strategy – Teleports player and party to Duncan’s fire in Ostagar.
12. Type: runscript zz_pre_demo2 – Teleports player and party to Ostagar.
13. Type: runscript ai off – Turns off AI.
14. Type: runscript zz_money X – X is the amount of Copper you wish to add. 1000 is 1 Gold.
15. Type: runscript addxp X – X is the amount of XP you wish to add.
This video by Rose shows how to enable cheat codes:
Warning: While most of these codes work fine. The developers of the game have pointed out that this is a dev panel and as a result using some of the commands may break your current save game, so it’s best to back it up before you try anything. Reader Cgoodno suggests staying away from immortal, addparty, ai off, killallhostiles, chargen, zz_pre_demo2, zz_pre_strategy, and similar commands.
Thanks to Paul for the Steam tip, and Huor & Cranberry for helping out.