Resident Evil: The Darkside Chronicles releases for Wii on November 17, 2009 announced Capcom via their Capcom Unity Blog. It will also be released in Europe on November 27th (where it will also be bundled with the Wii Zapper, a first for a third-party title).
This puts it in direct competition with Valve’s competing zombie game . . . Left 4 Dead 2. Which also launches on November 17th.
Watch The Latest Gaming News:
In Resident Evil: The Darkside Chronicles, players will need to arm themselves against the horrors of the city in the sequel to the gun shooting game Resident Evil: The Umbrella Chronicles.
Darkside Chronicles takes place in Resident Evil 2‘s Racoon City. It’s September 29, 1998, and the city has turned to hell due to the effects of the T-virus. Players take control of Claire Redfield and Leon S. Kennedy to deal with the undead. Only this time, the enemy is not the Umbrella Corporation . . . instead, players venture into the unexplored areas of the Resident Evil story, along with the darker passages of the characters’ histories. The story will also intertwine with that of Resident Evil: Code Veronica.
Here’s a new trailer for the game from GamesCom 2009.
Key features of Resident Evil: The Darkside Chronicles include:
* Two-Player Co-op Shooting: Invite friends and family to experience the horror alongside you in 2-player co-op mode.
* Fan Favourite Characters Return: Play as Leon S. Kennedy, protagonist of Resident Evil 2 and Resident Evil 4, his partner Claire Redfield, who appeared in Resident Evil 2 and Resident Evil: Code Veronica, and others still to be announced.
* New Evade Movements: Utilize the Wii Remote to flank and evade your enemies, creating a more in-depth and intense shooting experience.
* Customizable Weapons: Players can upgrade and customise their weapons for each battle scenario. Each playable character can be specialised for a specific combat style.
* Dynamic Difficulty: In addition to the initial settings of Easy, Normal and Hard, the game’s difficulty level will adjust automatically based on the player’s skill level so that both old and new fans can have a fun and challenging experience.
* Collectibles Galore: For true Resident Evil devotees, archive items such as characters, enemies, old documents and movies can be found throughout the game.