Dragon Age Origins has a release date of November 3rd, 2009 in the U.S. and 3 days later (November 6th) in Europe. This was announced at Electronic Art’s GamesCom Press Conference. It will be released on Xbox 360, PS3 and PC.
Dragon Age: Origins is a spritual successor to the Baldur’s Gate series of Western RPGs, and seeks to return BioWare to its more dungeons-and-dragons-style roots (though without the license).
Watch The Latest Gaming News:
Key features of the game include:
* Three base classes to choose from: rogue, warrior, or mage
* Six playable character origins: Human Noble, City Elf, Dalish Elf, Human/Elf Mage, Dwarf Commoner and Dwarf Noble
* Combat is real-time, tactical pause-and-play (similar to the Baldur’s Gate and Neverwinter Nights series)
* The camera provides an over-the-shoulder viewpoint when zoomed in, or an isometric-style viewpoint when zoomed out.
* Party-based gameplay with the player’s character and up to three other characters chosen from a larger pool of NPCs during the game.
* Spell interactions will be a new addition (e.g. blizzard can put out fires, and fire spells can ignite grease from a grease spell).
Here is the latest trailer for the game.