Here is a cheats guide for The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion. One of the best-selling Western RPGs of all time for Xbox 360, PlayStation 3 and PC. Included below is an Achievements list, various glitches that you can take advantage of in all versions, PC cheat codes and more.
How to get unlimited storage space
If you are having trouble with space to hold all your crap, there is a cheat you can do using your horse, Shadowmere. You can earn Shadowmere by completing the Dark Brotherhood quest, where you get her as a reward. She is a special character and cannot be killed. When you need to hold some items, you can turn her into an unlimited storage facility by knocking her unconscious! Once you do this, search the horse, go into your inventory, and you can place items on her. When you need those items back or want to store more, simply knock her out again and take them. There is no weight limit and the items will stay on Shadowmere forever!
Note that sometimes after Shadowmare wakes up, he may begin to slowly walk away. To stop this, jump on him and quick transport to a location. Also, be careful not to get onto a regular horse, this will break your “tie” to Shadowmare. And can result in accidentally lose him.
How to easily gain “Sneak Master” status
This trick allows you to easily gain Master status for Sneaking. First you will want to find a door that opens easily without taking too long to load (such as in Fort Urasek). The trick is to go into sneak, and then simply walk against the door. As long as you aren’t heard your level will increase. If you are under Journeyman and get heard, then simply sneak off until the fight music dissipates. Then sneak back and continue sneaking against the door. This is an easy way to quickly raise your level.
How to permanently increase your Acrobatics by 50 points (Springheel Jack Boots Trick)
To perform this trick, you will need to have attained the “Boots of Springheel Jack” item by completing the majority of the Thieves Guild quest and having the boots in your possession. However when it comes time to give the boots to Grey Fox, DO NOT DO IT. Once you have the boots, equip them. This will give you a +50 Acrobatics bonus. Once you have done that, travel to the Shrine of Sanguine and begin the Daedric Quest there. Follow through the quest until the point when you get arrested by Leyawiin. He will take all of your items except for the Boots of Springheel Jack (which is a Key Item). Do your time in jail, and when you are released, check your inventory. You will still have your boots but will be unable to equip them. If you try to equip them you’ll get this message, “You cannot equip this item at this time.” However, if you check your stats you’ll notice that you still have the +50 Acrobatics bonus as if you were wearing the boots! You can now wear other footwear but will maintain the +50 Acrobatics Bonus!
How to easily repair/recharge items without using Gems, Hammers or Merchants
Take the following steps to easily repair or recharge items (such as Armor, Weapons or Staves) without having to to use Hammers or Soul Gems. Or having to visit a Merchant.
Step 1: Have any item.
Step 2: Duplicate the item so you have two of them (or just buy an exact duplicate, but rare items have to be purchasable duplicates).
Step 3: While the items are unequipped, go to the menu and hotkey them (there should be 2 of them) to any one of the hotkeys.
Step 4: Use item to your heart’s content (damage the item in some way)
Step 5: Unequip the item using the hotkey button again. Then press the hotkey button one more time to re-equip it.
The item will be repaired and recharged. Go to your Item Menu to check it out for yourself. This works unlimited times, and as long as the item can be duplicated (or you can buy an exact duplicate) it should work.
How to create stairs out of thin air
There is a way to create stairs pretty much out of thin air. Okay not quite, but its essentially the same thing. The trick happens by dropping paintbrush items. The Paintbrush in Oblivion has absolutely no physics associated with it. And when you drop it out of your inventory it will simply float in the air. You cannot move the floating paintbrush or blow them up with spells or arrows. What you CAN do is STAND on it! This can be used to create “stairs” which can allow you to literally reach almost any point in the air! To stand on a paintbrush simply jump on top of it. Although you must be exact cause there is only a small amount of standable space associated with the paintbrush. But if you drop another in front of you you can easily create stairs to reach otherwise unreachable heights.
How to make your arrows infinite
To do this trick you must be able to perform the Acrobatic Combat Roll which you will get once you have reached Journeyman status for Acrobatics. Here is how to essentially create infinite arrows. First equip whatever arrow you want to use. Go into any area (preferably an enclosed space, like the basement of the Fighter’s Guild), take out any bow, and hold R to keep the arrow set in the bow. Now hold L, Press Y and any direction to roll in that direction. If done correctly you will here the arrow shoot out, but its numbers will not decrease in your inventory! If you can always do this when shooting an arrow, you will essentially have an infinite number of them.
Duplication Trick (Post-Shivering Isles Patch)
Here is an Item Duplication trick that even works after the Shivering Isles Patch (most of the duplication glitches are fixed by patches. Though keep it in mind the same case can happen with this one too eventually). To do this trick you can either use your bare hands or a sword. First make sure that you have more scrolls than the number of items that you are trying to duplicate. So if you have 5 Strong Healing Potions you will want to have at least six or more scrolls. Now follow these steps to “dupe” (duplicate) your items.
1. Pull out a sword, swing it, then go to your menu in mid-swing.
2. Go to your scrolls section, and choose a scroll that you have multiples of, then click on them TWICE. You will NOT get a message like the other duping messages.
3. Drop the item you wish to dupe, and have fun!
To bring up the cheats box, press the Tilde key (~) at any time. Some cheats will activate simply by typing in the cheat code. Others however require you to target a certain item/object by clicking on it with the mouse first while the cheat box is open.
Here is the list of PC cheats and their corresponding effects.
1. tfc – Sets the “UFO Cam”, a freeflying camera.
2. SetItemValue Amount – Should be used on items, not actors. It sets the item’s price.
3. StopCombat – Actor stops combat and hides its weapon. Actor will start again though if it finds proper targets.
4. psb – Add all spells to player.
5. modpcs skill 100 – Adds 100 points to the specified skill.
6. modpca luck 100 – Adds 100 points to an attribute (such as Luck as given here).
7. player.additem 0000000F ‘XXX’ – Adds the desired amount of gold. Replace the ‘XXX’ with the amount wanted.
8. player.setstage – Advances specific quest to specified stage
9. Showbirthsignmenu – Allows you to change your birthsign.
10. showclassmenu – Allows you to change your class.
11. Drop TypeREF Amount – An item of given type drops out from selected target’s inventory. Item is treated as owned by target, so you will steal it on picking it up.
12. SetActorFullName “John Doe” – Change actor’s name.
13. hairtint (red/green/blue) – Change the your hair color.
14. FOV # – Change the angle of your point of view (default is 75).
15. player.setlevel 1 – Changes player level to desired number. Use 1-255.
16. SexChange – Changes your gender.
17. caqs – Completes all Quest stages.
18. DuplicateAllItems DestinationObjREF – Copy items from target actor (or chest or other container) into object referenced by “DestinationObjREF”.
19. CreateFullActorCopy – Create a fully identical copy of a target for some purpose. All attributes, spells, and items copy.
20. SSG – Creates a window with the full game scene graph.
21. drop < form id > amount – Drops the item.
22. equipitem < form id > – Equips the item.
23. qqq – Exit the game without using menus.
24. advlevel – Forces a level up with the levelup screen.
25. advskill skill # – Forces a skill level up of # levels, example: advskill blade 4.
26. ShowSpellMaking – Forces up spell creation screen.
27. player.additem # – Gives the player the given item and amount of the item.
28. player.AddItem 00000000 # – Gives you # of item 00000000 (use other hex combinations for items).
29. SetPCFame – Gives you fame.
30. SetPCInfamy – Gives you infamy.
31. player.AddSpell 00000000 – Gives you spell 00000000 (use other hex combinations for spells).
32. Without targeting, type “tgm” – God Mode.
33. player.payfine – Guards stop attacking you and your bounty is paid off.
34. stopcombat – Immediately stops the combat of the selected friend/foe.
35. player.setAV < #> – Increase (or decrease) Ability or Attribute.
36. Click any human or creature, type “kill” – Instant kills
37. Killall – Kills everything where you are (If you are in a town and outside, it will literally kill everyone in the town who is outside!)
38. help – List console commands.
39. lock [value] – Lock a door.
40. lock [1-100] – Lock selected door or container.
41. setscale number – Makes objects change size. Click on object to enlarge or make smaller then enter cheat. Number ranges from .5 to 2. 1 is normal size.
42. ModDisposition ObjREF Amount – Modifies actor’s disposition towards “ObjREF”. Example: “ModDisposition 014 -100” makes your target strongly dislike you.
43. MoveTo ObjREF – Move target to ObjREF. You might enlist ‘frequently visited’ ObjREFs for further fast-travel, or even create your own ‘places’ by dropping items.
44. Player.CreateFullActorCopy – places another “Yourself” near you. You even might test “yourself” in combat, but be careful with all those guilds stuff.
45. PCB – Purge cell buffer. This will free up used memory, often times increasing frames per second after any given amount of time in game. Best used while in interior cells.
46. RemoveAllItems – Remove all items from target. Use “Player.RemoveAllItems” to strip off any stolen and not stolen goods from yourself.
48. player.completequest – Removes the active Quest you specify (Note however that removing it doesn’t complete it).
49. player.removeitem < #> – Removes any item.
50. player.setcrimegold 0 – Removes the Bounty on your head. NOTE: If being chased by city guards, you must leave the city and go back for it to work on them.
51. DeleteFullActorCopy – Removes selected target if it was a copy created with CreateFullActorCopy (Now, after you had plenty fun with your replica, it’s time to release it)
52. player.removespell – Removes specified spell.
53. resurrect – Resurrect targeted monster/human.
54. savegame [filename] – Save game.
55. PRID Player – Select yourself as a target. In theory, a player can also select other named objects. But for now other names are unknown.
56. SetCrimeGold 2000 – Set a bounty on the actor’s head. Use this upon a character you want punished by guards.
57. setcamerafov [degrees] – Set the camera’s field of view (75 by default).
58. pov [#] – Set point of view angle (75 by default)
59. SetAV AValue Amount – Set some ability or skill (AValue to be Marksman, LightArmor, etc.) Also not-so obvious values are: Aggression, Energy, Confidence, Responsibility, etc.
60. SetPos X Value – Set target’s X coordinate. I.e., move the target. Use “Player.SetPos Z” to train acrobatics. Be careful not to move something beyond your reach.
61. Set timescale to – Set the speed at which time flows. 30 is default and 1.0 is real-time.
62. SetBarterGold Amount – Sets the amount of gold a merchant has for trade. (don’t forget to first select any merchant as a target).
63. setweight XXX – Sets the item’s weight to XXX.
64. showfullquestlog [quest id] – Show all log entries for the indicated Quest.
65. showquestlog 1 – Show completed Quest Log.
66. showquestlog 0 – Shows current Quest Log.
67. showquesttargets – Shows current Quest Targets.
68. showquestlog – Shows the Quest Log.
69. ShowClassMenu – Show the class selection screen.
70. ShowRaceMenu – Show the name/race/appearance selection screen.
71. ShowBirthSignMenu – Show the sign selection screen.
72. tmm 1 – Shows all map markers.
73. GetPos X – Shows target’s X coordinate in the scene. Y and Z are also valid. Use “Player.GetPos X” or “014”. Use “GetPos X” to find out where you are on the X-axis!
74. PlaceAtMe < formid >, < number of spawns >,< x >,< y > – Spawns an NPC or item or creature where you put the cords in this. Requires a reference.
75. player.placeatme < Form ID > – Summon a NPC at your current location.
76. UnEquipItem TypeREF – Target deactivates an item of given type (may be used to disarm or undress target).
77. Look ObjREF – Target looks towards referenced object.
78. SetAV Aggression 100 – Target should attack anybody it doesn’t like, without prompt.
79. StopLook – Target stops looking (this is to cancel any previous Look cheat).
80. coc testinghall – Teleports player to an area with all objects, monsters, and NPCs in-game.
81. coc toddtest – Teleports player to developer testing grounds.
82. movetoqt – Teleports you to your Quest Target. You can use this to make the game a lot shorter.
83. TAI – Toggle AI.
84. TDETECT – Toggle AI detection.
85. tcai – Toggle combat AI.
86. TDT – Toggle debug display (Frames Per Second, etc).
87. tfh – Toggle Full Help.
88. TG – Toggle grass.
89. TLL – Toggle land.
90. TLV – Toggle leaves.
91. TS – Toggle sky.
92. TT – Toggle trees.
93. tws – Toggle water.
94. TWF – Toggle wireframe mode.
95. TCL – Toggles collision.
96. TFOW – Toggles Fog of War that hides the map.
97. TM – Toggles hiding of all menus (for taking screenshots).
98. ShowSubtitle – Toggles NPC conversation subtitles.
99. twr – Toggles Water Radius.
100. Click a locked door or chest, type “unlock” – Unlocks target object.
Watch some of the cheats in action:
These are the best console cheats:
Xbox 360 Achievements
Complete the following to unlock the corresponding Achievement. Each Achievement earned will add a certain amount of points to your GamerScore. Including the Shivering Isles Expansion Pack, there are a total of 60 Achievements with a total of 1250 GamerPoints you can earn.
1. Apprentice, Fighters Guild (10) – Reached Apprentice rank in the Fighters Guild.
2. Apprentice, Mages Guild (10) – Reached Apprentice rank in the Mages Guild.
3. Arch-Mage, Mages Guild (50) – Completed the Mages Guild Questline.
4. Assassin, Dark Brotherhood (10) – Reached Assassin rank in the Dark Brotherhood.
5. Associate, Fighters Guild (10) – Joined the Fighters Guild.
6. Associate, Mages Guild (10) – Joined the Mages Guild.
7. Bandit, Thieves Guild (10) – Reached Bandit rank in the Thieves Guild.
8. Bloodletter, Arena (10) – Reached Bloodletter rank in the Arena.
9. Brawler, Arena (10) – Reached Brawler rank in the Arena.
10. Cat Burglar, Thieves Guild (10) – Reached Cat Burglar rank in the Thieves Guild.
11. Champion of Cyrodiil (110) – Completed the Main Questline.
12. Champion, Arena (10) – Reached Champion rank in the Arena.
13. Champion, Fighters Guild (10) – Reached Champion rank in the Fighters Guild.
14. Closed an Oblivion Gate (50) – Closed an Oblivion Gate, Main Quest.
15. Conjurer, Mages Guild (10) – Reached Conjurer rank in the Mages Guild.
16. Defender, Fighters Guild (10) – Reached Defender rank in the Fighters Guild.
17. Delivered Daedric Artifact (50) – Delivered Daedric Artifact, Main Quest.
18. Destroyed the Great Gate (50) – Destroyed the Great Gate, Main Quest.
19. Eliminator, Dark Brotherhood (10) – Reached Eliminator rank in the Dark Brotherhood.
20. Escaped the Imperial Sewers (50) – Escaped the Imperial Sewers, Main Quest Beginning.
21. Evoker, Mages Guild (10) – Reached Evoker rank in the Mages Guild.
22. Footpad, Thieves Guild (10) – Reached Footpad rank in the Thieves Guild.
23. Gladiator, Arena (10) – Reached Gladiator rank in the Arena.
24. Grand Champion, Arena (50) – Completed the Arena Questline.
25. Guardian, Fighters Guild (10) – Reached Guardian rank in the Fighters Guild.
26. Guildmaster, Thieves Guild (50) – Completed the Thieves Guild Questline.
27. Hero, Arena (10) – Reached Hero rank in the Arena.
28. Journeyman, Fighters Guild (10) – Reached Journeyman rank in the Fighters Guild.
29. Journeyman, Mages Guild (10) – Reached Journeyman rank in the Mages Guild.
30. Listener, Dark Brotherhood (50) – Completed the Dark Brotherhood Questline.
31. Located the Shrine of Dagon (50) – Located the Shrine of Dagon, Main Quest.
32. Magician, Mages Guild (10) – Reached Magician rank in the Mages Guild.
33. Master Thief, Thieves Guild (10) – Reached Master Thief rank in the Thieves Guild.
34. Master, Fighters Guild (50) – Completed the Fighters Guild Questline.
35. Master-Wizard, Mages Guild (10) – Reached Master-Wizard rank in the Mages Guild.
36. Murderer, Dark Brotherhood (10) – Join the Dark Brotherhood.
37. Myrmidon, Arena (10) – Reached Myrmidon rank in the Arena.
38. Pickpocket, Thieves Guild (10) – Joined the Thieves Guild.
39. Pit Dog, Arena (10) – Joined the Arena in the Imperial City.
40. Protector, Fighters Guild (10) – Reached Protector rank in the Fighters Guild.
41. Prowler, Thieves Guild (10) – Reached Prowler rank in the Thieves Guild.
42. Shadowfoot, Thieves Guild (10) – Reached Shadowfoot rank in the Thieves Guild.
43. Silencer, Dark Brotherhood (10) – Reached Silencer rank in the Dark Brotherhood.
44. Slayer, Dark Brotherhood (10) – Reached Slayer rank in the Dark Brotherhood.
45. Speaker, Dark Brotherhood (10) – Reached Speaker rank in the Dark Brotherhood.
46. Swordsman, Fighters Guild (10) – Reached Swordsman rank in the Fighters Guild.
47. Warder, Fighters Guild (10) – Reached Warder rank in the Fighters Guild.
48. Warlock, Mages Guild (10) – Reached Warlock rank in the Mages Guild.
49. Warrior, Arena (10) – Reached Warrior rank in the Arena.
50. Wizard, Mages Guild (10) – Reached Wizard rank in the Mages Guild.
Shivering Isles Expansion Pack Achievements
51. Tourist (20) – Entered the Shivering Isles.
52. Aspirant (20) – Reached Aspirant Rank in the Court of Madness.
53. Citizen (20) – Reached Citizen Rank in the Court of Madness.
54. Madman (20) – Reached Madman Rank in the Court of Madness.
55. Honored Madman (20) – Reached Honored Madman Rank in the Court of Madness.
56. Duke Dementia (30) – Reached Duke of Dementia Rank in the Court of Madness.
57. Duke Mania (30) – Reached Duke of Mania Rank in the Court of Madness.
58. Regent (20) – Reached Regent Rank in the Court of Madness.
59. Defender (20) – Reached Defender of the Realm Rank in the Court of Madness.
60. Madgod (50) – Stopped the Greymarch.
How to get unlimited money on the Xbox 360 version:
How to duplicate items on the Xbox 360 version:
* Wallpaper thanks to Waiting4Oblivion