Mass Effect 2 info leaked before E3 2009
A ton of information on Mass Effect 2 has been leaked via the latest issue of OXM Magazine. This ahead of E3 2009.
But the first part of the leaked info discusses the fact that the first Mass Effect will continue to get new downloadable content.
“We are definitely working on a substantial new DLC,” said BioWare to OXM. “We’re finishing it up and making sure that it’s going to be really good, and then we’ll announce it, probably pretty soon. That’ll be the last thing between Mass Effect 1 and 2 in terms of content.”
Regarding Mass Effect 2, they discussed the state of Shepard, the new transit system in the game, the exploration of new worlds, who you will play as and more information on Thane.
Here is the breakdown thanks to VG247.
* You will play as Shepard, but for how long is unknown
* There is a new species called the Drell and Thane is a new character who is an assassin and may join your party
* Planets – There will be a Krogan planet, and Illium, an Asari planet, that is like Coruscant from SW. Also there is “Omega” with is like an anti-Citadel in that it’s huge and it’s the bottom of the barrel whereas the Citadel is the height of civilization. Also a Cerebus mothership will act as a location of significance.
* Story – The ultimate story is still civilization fending off the Reapers, but this chapter will deal with this Cerebus corporation and it’s enigmatic leader. There are human civilizations disappearing and it’s up to Shepard to investigate, it’s termed as a “suicide mission” which may lead to the details of the teaser.
* New vehicle that controls better than the Mako…a “new” control scheme.
* Totally revamped inventory system
* Elevator system revamped where you will get the sense of scope of where you’re at and where you’re traveling.
* No more texture pop in.
* Secondary races like Volus and Elcor are much more mobile, giving more depth and makes things more interesting.
* Choices are more meaningful and there is a real risk that major support characters (i.e. anyone not Shepard) can and will die.
* Also on the story, they’re super-hyping the ending, saying that it’s much more grand meaningful in ME2.
* More weapons, more species, more/new team members.
* returning team members, locations, weapons.
You can read even more information on the game on NeoGAF.
Categories: News, PC News, Xbox 360 News