Batman: Arkham Asylum for the PlayStation 3 will be getting an exclusive Joker as a playable character for the game’s Challenge Maps, announced publisher Eidos.
Joker will be available at the game’s launch via the PlayStation Network and the download will be free. Although as stated above only during the Challenge Maps and not during the actual single-player game.
In Batman: Arkham Asylum the player assumes the role of Batman as he delivers The Joker to Arkham Asylum. There, the imprisoned super-villains have set a trap and an immersive combat gaming experience unfolds. With an original script penned by Emmy Award-winning Batman writer Paul Dini, the game brings the universe of DC Comics’ detective to life.
Key features of Batman: Arkham Asylum include:
* Face off against Gotham¿s greatest villains including The Joker, HARLEY QUINN, VICTOR ZSASZ and KILLER CROC
* Become the Invisible Predatotm with Batman¿s takedowns and unique vantage point system to move without being seen or utilize the unique FreeFlowtm combat system to chain together unlimited combos and battle with huge groups of The Joker¿s henchmen
* Choose multiple takedown methods, including swooping from the sky and smashing through walls, and use the predator camera get a closer look at the action.
* Explore every inch of Arkham Asylum and roam freely on the infamous island, presented for the first time ever in its gritty and realistic entiret
* Experience what it¿s like to be BATMAN using BATARANGS, explosive gel aerosol, The Batclaw, sonar resonator and the line launcher