What are the Top 10 Best-Selling Games of the Millennial decade? That’s this decade so far.
Watch The Latest Gaming News:
The “millennial decade” is defined as starting on January 1st, 2000 at midnight and officially ends on this December 31st, 2009 at 11:59pm. Which means that we are almost done with the millennial decade, if you can believe it!
As such, you may be interested in seeing this list of the top 10 best-selling games of the millennium:
10. Pokemon Ruby & Pokemon Sapphire (GBA) – 15.40 million units sold
9. Pokemon Diamond & Pokemon Pearl (DS) – 16.79 million units sold
8. Pokemon Gold & Pokemon Silver (Game Boy) – 17 million units sold
7. Brain Age (DS) – 17.33 million units sold
6. Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas (PS2) – 17.78 million units sold
5. Wii Fit (Wii) – 17.89 million units sold
4. New Super Mario Bros. (DS) – 18.47 million units sold
3. Nintendogs (DS) – 22.09 million units sold
2. Wii Play (Wii) – 22.70 million units sold
1. Wii Sports (Wii) – 44.50 million units sold
The one thing that sticks out here more than anything else is Nintendo’s ABSOLUTE DOMINATION! It really is striking. The only game to even come close is GTA: San Andreas, and we all know that’s probably due to the Hot Coffee scandal, eh.
To see the entire list of the Top 50 Best-Selling Games of the Millennium be sure to check out VG Chartz.