Developed in close collaboration with Shaun White, Olympic Gold Medalist and eight-time X Games Gold Medalist, Shaun White Snowboarding allows players to enter a world of total freedom, where they can create their own experience and choose how, where, and with whom they want to ride.
Bomb down open-world mountain ranges in hot spots across the globe and seek out real-life friend in fully-integrated online runs.
Watch The Latest Gaming News:
Can everyone’s favorite ginger athlete penetrate the virtual action sports market? Find out in this Shaun White Snowboarding video review.
Game features include:
* Open World Mountains: Choose how you ride in open-world mountains across the world. Conquer extreme peak conditions, create your own paths in the back country, or compete with fellow riders in the terrain parks
* Your Friends Are Always Around: Play in a world where your friends are always around. Do your own runs on mountains populated by real gamers, or join your friends for a quick session from any mountain
* More than Just Snowboarding: Have fun with your friends on and off the board! Throw snowballs, hike to access secret spots, film your friends doing ripping tricks. You can also upload your videos online to share with the world
* Ride Your Way: Express yourself through tricks, riding styles, and highly customizable avatars – both in single-player and in the online world. Use the intuitive dual analog control to pull off a huge variety of tricks that express your style
* Next-Gen Technology: Built on the Assassin’s Creed engine, this game creates a massive world with gorgeous visuals and realistic NPC interactions. This is also the first time a snowboarding game is completely driven by physics instead of animation
* Authentic Snowboarding: Ubisoft has worked closely with Shaun White to infuse the gaming experience with authenticity, personality and humor. Shaun is a friend and mentor in the game, and will help you with your skills. And, if you are deemed worthy, you may even be able to play as Shaun in the game.
To quote the GT video review: “Shaun White Snowboarding could definitely benefit from some more polish and it’s fairly derivative, but its open-ended design and subdued trick system capture the feel of the real sport. Snowboarders will appreciate the ability to play the game how they want, but it’s low on flash, so weekend warriors should buy a three-day lift pass for a test run.”
Design — 7.8
Gameplay — 8.3
Presentation — 7.0
Overall — 7.9
In the Wii version titled Shaun White Snowboarding: Road Trip you can hit the slopes with the Wii Balance Board. Get yourself into the game like never before by using the Balance Board to control your rider. Control your jumps and tricks with the intuitiveness and fun of having a snowboard in your own living room.
A great example of how to handle the Wii version of a multi-platform game. Find out more in this Shaun White Snowboarding: Road Trip (Wii) video review.