This sequel to Naruto: Rise of a Ninja features Naruto, who has now evolved into a well-respected Ninja, but his new status and abilities trigger the envy of his best friend and Ninja teammate, Sasuke. The enemy of the village, Orochimaru, takes advantage of the situation and convinces Sasuke to leave his friends and his village in order to join his evil clan and become more powerful. With the help of his Ninja friends, Naruto goes on a quest to retrieve Sasuke and save him. Naruto: The Broken Bond is also the only Naruto video game, other than Rise of a Ninja, that features an online multiplayer mode which allows players to compete against others in an online tournament mode.
With friends like these, who needs anime? Find out more in this Naruto: The Broken Bond video review.
Game features include:
* Play as a respected and heroic ninja: Enjoy being a hero and benefit from the newly acquired status gained from saving the village.
* Discover the importance of teamwork: An all-new feature to the series, use the abilities of your ninja teammates to overcome bigger obstacles and join forces in tag battles. Players can now team-up with multiple characters from the Naruto universe when in combat and throughout their heroic adventure.
* Explore rich open environments: Following the attack of the Sound and Sand ninja, participate in the reconstruction of the Hidden Leaf Village: enjoy its depth from a new perspective, adding a new level of detail never reached before in a Naruto game. Outside of the village, discover remote locations and enjoy making your journey through vibrant and imaginatively detailed settings.
* Witness and be a part of the series’ most epic battles: Engage in battle with some of the fiercest characters from the Naruto Universe, and use new techniques and jutsu to defeat your enemies.
* Take your teamwork skills online: With the only Naruto game to feature online multiplayer, you can now choose among 25 characters and play alongside friends and defeat other teams online via Xbox LIVE. Take your skills a step further and compete in online tournament mode.
* Live in an authentic Naruto world: Relive the best moments of the anime, adventure through the open village of Konoha, and enjoy voice-acting and music from the original series.
Watch The Latest Gaming News:
To quote the IGN video review: “Much of Broken Bond improves on Rise of a Ninja, but there are a few areas that seem worse. In particular, the lack of innovation in mission design hurts, as you will be sent on numerous fetch quests. It doesn’t help that the forest looks pretty much the same no matter how differently each area has its traps set up. Aside from some bad quests, The Broken Bond is a great game. I’m not a huge Naruto fan, but I couldn’t help but be drawn in by the story. And the end set of missions — which can take well over an hour to complete — are thrilling. A fun online brawler is just more reason to keep playing Broken Bond after you’ve beaten the main mode.”
Presentation — 8.0
Graphics — 8.5
Sound — 8.0
Gameplay — 8.0
Lasting Appeal — 8.0
Overall — 8.3