Star Wars: The Old Republic‘s creative director at BioWare, James Ohlen, has made an interesting remark about KOTOR 3 being part of the PC MMORPG in a recent video interview that you can watch below.
To quote: “One of the things we like to joke about this game… is just the sheer amount of content we’re doing and the fact that when our fans ask ‘Why aren’t you doing Knight of the Old Republic 3?’ …we’re really doing KOTOR 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12+. We have THAT much content, that many stories, and we really get to do a lot of the things that we wouldn’t have been able to do in KOTOR 3.
One of the things about the type of storytelling that we’re doing, because their stories revolve around a player’s class (his role), we’re able to actually tell stories that are very focused on who the player is. Which is something that other BioWare games haven’t been able to do.”
Watch the KOTOR 3… uhm, I mean, Star Wars: The Old Republic video interview with the developers at BioWare. Part of the team working on the game previously made Mass Effect. Take a look:
If you don’t feel like watching it. The interview mainly talks about the above as well as these highlights:
* The game taking place 300 years after the events in the original KOTOR.
* While there was peace, the Sith empire has now re-emerged and gone to war with the Republic, the game starts when the hostilities begin again.
* The game world will have many planets, some Sith and Republic strongholds and battlegrounds.
* The game alliances are separated into Light Side, Dark Side, and Faction.
* Your choices will effect your personal story. Meaning that any choice you make, you’ll have to live with, because there’s no save button in an MMO.