The Spore game is out now. If you’re anything like me, you want to try out all the cheats and codes you can get your hands on! Get your PC or Mac keyboard ready for these Spore console cheats to goof off with in this awesome strategic life simulator where you play god in evolution throughout the galaxy.
You need to press the following buttons on your keyboard to open the Spore console screen while playing the game: press Ctrl + Shift + C at the same time. Once you’ve done that, the console screen allows you to type the below cheat codes, after which you hit the Enter or Esc button or the red X to close the console. — This video will show you: how to enter cheats into Spore.
The code is followed by its effect on the game:
* Type: addDNA — To increase how much DNA you have to spend by 150 points.
* Type: antiAliasGIF — To capture and save a spinning GIF picture of the planet you are on, which is then saved to the AnimatedAvatars directory on your computer.
* Type: capturePlanetGIF — To capture a spinning GIF picture of your planet, which is then saved to the AnimatedAvatars directory on your computer.
* Type: blocksmode — To turn creatures into their blocky representations. Spore version 1.01 patch required.
* Type: clear — To clear your console.
* Type: evoadvantage — To start a new Creature game by choosing any creature from the Sporepedia. This way you can start a new game with one of your more evolved creatures. Spore version 1.01 patch required.
* Type: freeCam — To toggle free camera mode.
* Type: freedom [on / off] — To toggle, disable (on) or re-enable (off), the editor complexity limits. Creations that break these limits will not be pollinated.
* Type: help — This lists all cheats and debug commands.
* Type: help -full — This lists more detailed descriptions of debug commands.
* Type: help (command) — This explains the actions and usages of a command. Where you see the text “(command)” instead you type the cheat code you want explained.
* Type: history — This gives you a list of your last commands.
* Type: killallhints — To remove all hints from the game.
* Type: levels — To enable level cheats.
* Type: levels -unlock — To unlock all phases. You can jump to any phase with this cheat, but be warned that some achievements may not be gained if you use this code.
* Type: moreMoney — This increases your money in the Civilization or Space stages.
* Type: movie — To enable the video cheat.
* Type: option — To show an options list.
* Type: pauseUIVisible — To set or toggle whether or not the pause frame is drawn.
* Type: prop — To Display/Modify properties.
* Type: quit — To quit the game.
* Type: refillMotives — Where needed, this replenishes your health and other motives.
* Type: setConsequenceTrait (trait) — Where you see the text “(trait)” instead you type out one of the following traits that you want… cell carnivore, cell_herbivore, cell_omnivore, creature_aggressive, creature_social, creature_mixed, tribe_aggressive, tribe_social, tribe_mixed, civ_military, civ_economic, civ_religious, space_bard, space_ecologist, space_zealot, space_diplomat, space_scientist, space_trader, space_shaman, space_warrior, space_wanderer, or space_knight
* Type: SetTime (hour, minute) — This sets the time of day at the Avatar’s position, and optionally can give you a speed multiplier. Where you see the text “(hour, minute)” instead you type the time of day you want.
* Type: spaceCreate — To unlock and recharge the creation tools while playing in space.
* Type: styleFilter — Gives a unique Spore look.
* Type: styleFilter -filmNoir — Gives a Film Noir look.
* Type: styleFilter -microscope — Gives a new Spore look. Spore version 1.01 patch required.
* Type: styleFilter -norainbows — Gives a new Spore look. Spore version 1.01 patch required.
* Type: styleFilter -none — Remove the style filter.
* Type: styleFilter -nextgen — Gives a new Spore look. Spore version 1.01 patch required.
* Type: toggleCaptureUI — To toggle the User Interface for image capturing.
* Type: unlockSuperWeapons — This unlocks all superweapons for your Civilization type.
* Press the “i” key as you rollover any part of your creature to display part statistics when you are in Build mode. Spore version 1.01 patch required.
A secret in the game is finding the head of Spore creator Will Wright. To do this you must go to the main menu and click on the center of the galaxy to get a full view. Once there, you hold down the left mouse button to then move it left or right so you can give the galaxy a spin. If you spin it fast enough Will Wright’s head will pop up like so…
How to find Earth in Spore:
This video guide shows where you can find Earth and all the other planets in our Solar System.
Thanks to Galrith for discovering this. For other tips kudos to Dan and Mike.