The World of Warcraft: Wrath of the Lich King Expansion Pack has been given a November 13th, 2008, release date (that’s a Thursday) according to official Blizzard ads. The game will be priced at $39.99.
It was previously given a tentative release date on Tuesday November 4th according to 7-Eleven stores; Amazon and Play online stores that listed the game would ship the day before hitting retail. Since this news wasn’t made official by Blizzard, but by Kotaku tip, there’s been no word on the release of a Wrath of the Lich King – Collector’s Edition either.
The wildly popular MMORPG for Windows Vista / XP and Macintosh computers recently opened up to Wrath of the Lich King Beta signups and it seems a by developer Blizzard promised release this year isn’t far off, unless — of course — they delay it to January next year again as they did with the previous expansion pack the Burning Crusade.
Wrath of the Lich King features include:
* Master the necromantic powers of the Death Knight — World of Warcraft’s first Hero class.
* Learn craft of spell augmentation with new Inscription profession.
* Explore the vast new continent of Northrend and perilous dungeons filled with deadly creatures. All raids will be available in 10- and 25-player versions, with the first one being a retooled Naxxramas.
* Engage in epic siege (vehicles) warfare.
* Transform hero’s look with new character-customization options.
* Level cap raised to 80, with new spells and talents for all classes.