From today, at 9AM GMT (2AM PDT), you can play The Behemoth’s Castle Crashers on Xbox Live Arcade for Xbox 360. Castle Crashers will be available worldwide for 1200 Microsoft Points (that’s US$15 / €14.40 / £10.20 / CAN$18.60 / AU$19.80).
The Summer of Arcade ends this week with Castle Crashers. With hand drawn characters, each with a variety of weapons, it’s your mission to defend your kingdom and save the princess. Here’s a cartoon carnage video walkthrough from the creators.
Key game features include:
* Intuitive combo and magic system: Unlock new combos and magical attacks as your character progresses through the game. You have an almost limitless amount of combos to perform alone, or with a group of friends.
* Arena mode: This mode allows players to battle each other head-on with four unique modes to choose from!
* Experience system: As you fight your way through the various levels of Castle Crashers, your character gains more experience points that will in return give you the option to adjust your four main stats — Strength, Magic, Defense, and Agility.
* Weapons weapons weapons! Each player has the ability to unlock more than 40 weapons.
* Animal orbs: These little companions add enhancements to your attributes. Each pet has different abilities to benefit you, with various ways of unlocking each one. Defeat a boss and steal his companion, dig them up, or buy them at a store.
* Treasure hunt: Unlockable items, weapons, pet companions, and characters are buried throughout the various levels of Castle Crashers.
* Stores: Spread across the various worlds of Castle Crashers, every store has specific items to sell. Collect gold from killing enemies, finding treasures, or opening chests, then take your collected gold to these stores for some weapons, items, character unlocks, and more!