Designed after the famous and rare KORG MS-10 monophonic analog music synthesizer from the 80’s, KORG DS-10 is a music-creation program for the Nintendo DS for professional and aspiring musicians alike. KORG DS-10 is scheduled for release by XSEED Games in America in Fall 2008. The sound sources in the KORG DS-10 come from KORG, one of the world’s top musical instrument producers, and no effort was spared in the replication of creating high-quality sounds. The Nintendo DS’s touch-screen controls are utilized to the fullest to provide an authentic feel and operability across a dual-screen layout that is unsurpassed in portable music creation.
A 6-track / 16-step sequencer enables precise control and provides a wide range of musical possibilities, effectively making it a multitrack synthesizer and sequencer. Up to eight DS units can be linked via wireless connection to play together or to exchange sounds and songs. See 10 minutes of the KORG DS-10 in action:
Click on the bottom-right corner arrow to view it fullscreen.
Watch The Latest Gaming News:
Key KORG DS-10 features include:
* World’s first music tool software created for the Nintendo DS.
* Two patchable dual-oscillator analog synth simulators.
* Four-part drum machine that uses sounds created with the analog synth simulator.
* Six-track (analog synth x 2, drum machine x 4) /16-step sequencer.
* Delay, chorus, and flanger sound effects available from the mixing board.
* Three note-entry modes: touch-control screen, keyboard screen, matrix screen.
* Real-time sound control mode via touch-control screen.
* Exchange sounds and songs and play multiple units simultaneously through a wireless communications link.
Watch the KORG DS-10 trailer:
Here’s a demo song using 4 DS units: