De Blob is an action puzzle title that allows players to explore and liberate an alien city from the evil, monochromatic I.N.K.T. Corporation that has taken over the city and outlawed all color and fun from daily life.
Playing as de Blob, gamers will embark on a quest to re-animate the city of Chroma, and bring spunk and character back to the oppressed, by splattering buildings, landmarks, and citizens with color. de Blob features an intricate single player campaign as well as a multiplayer experience that supports up to four competitors via split screen. The game was conceived by a team of nine students studying Game Design & Development at Utrecht University’s School of the Arts in the Netherlands.
Features of De Blob:
* Flip, bounce and smash your way past the all-powerful I.N.K.T. Corporation to ignite a revolution and save Chroma City from a future without color
* Free your friends from a black and white world by dodging ink cannons, flattening I.N.K.T. tanks and outsmarting Inky soldiers
* Remix Chroma City’s towering skyscrapers, expansive bridges and massive landmarks in your own style using custom paints, patterns and soundtracks.
* Super-size your blob as you splash, spray, and splatter everything you touch in sprint, race and combat challenges.
* Color is not a Crime! Recruit the Color Revolutionaries to join the resistance against Comrade Black and his diabolical array of hot plates, electric shocks, and ink turrets
* Multiplayer: Compete to control Chroma City in 4-player split screen and online
Here’s a video interview with the developers of De Blob discussing the game.