This is an overview of Metal Gear Solid 4 cheats and secrets that have been found. Below you can watch a video of secret Metal Gear Solid 4 weapons in action.
*Spoilers!* Check out these hidden secrets.
How to unlock these weapons and a lot more equipment.
* Bandanna: Complete a single-player session without killing anyone (including bosses). You can do this on any difficulty;
* Desert Eagle, Long Barrel: Earn the Fox emblem on a single-player session;
* World War I Pistol: Earn the Hound emblem on a single-player session;
* Thor 45-70: Earn the Fox Hound emblem on a single-player session;
* Digital Camera: In the Nomad vehicle during the mission intermission; you can unlock a special photo by picking up this item in stage 4 instead of earlier;
* Mantis and Sorrow Dolls: Beat Screaming Mantis;
* MGL-140 Grenade Launcher: Beat Raging Raven;
* Mk. 23 Handgun: Found in the first area of Act 4;
* Patriot Future Assault Weapon: Earn the Big Boss emblem on a single-player session;
* Race (Ricochet) Gun: Clear the single-player game once;
* Rail Gun: Beat Crying Wolf;
* Scanning Plug S: Log more than 10 hours of Metal Gear Online play time on the same profile as your Metal Gear 4 game. You buy this from Drebin;
* Solar Gun: Collect the five statues (those of the four Battle Beauties and the Frog Soldier/Haven Troopers in stage 1) using non-lethal means on their respective idols;
* Stealth Item: Complete a single-player session without instigating a single alert (caution is okay, but not alert). You can do this on any difficulty;
* Emotive ammo cry / laughter / rage / scream and Smoke Grenade blue / green / red / yellow: Finish the game once and go back to Drebin to buy these.
* New combat vests: Clear the single-player game once;
* Altair: Obtain the Assassin emblem. Beat the game with 50+ knife kills, 50+ CQC holds, and 25 or less alerts;
* Civilian Disguise: Start Eastern Europe level;
* Middle East Militia Disguise: Middle East in the Militia Safe House;
* South American Rebel Disguise: South America (Cove Valley Village);
* Suit: Clear the game once;
* Cheaper Prices In Drebin’s Store: Set the PS3 system date to a Wednesday or Saturday, and Drebin will have cheaper prices. Also, in Act 5 all prices are halved.
* Money Code At Shadow Moses: In the Shadow Moses when at Otacon’s office he asks you for the code… just input 14893 you’ll hear a familiar sound after hitting enter, and it gives you 100,000 DP points.
* Inheritence: You can carry over your Drebin points, weapons, ammunition, items, and special items from a previous game upon game clear. However, Snake will need to encounter Metal Gear II in the first stage to get his stuff back. Be sure to save your cleared data upon game completion to track your items. Load the cleared data to reap your benefits.
* No More Camo: Shake the Sixaxis controller to return Snake’s Octocamo to its neutral (black and blue) pigmentation.
* Refill Psyche During Cut-scenes: If during a cut-scene something causes Snakes psyche gauge to decrease just press X rapidly to replenish it.
* Show Me Your Motions: When a character is introduced for the first time, press R2 to view that characters motion capture person instead of that person’s voice actor.
For The Boss Extreme difficulty: Complete the single-player mode once (and saving the cleared data).
* To trigger the Beauty and the Beast Photoshoots: While fighting the second form of any B&B unit stall for 3 minutes. After that the whole area around Snake and the beast will go white. If you have obtained the Digital Camera (see above how) already once you pull it out and aim it at the Beast, who in turn will pose for you. You can also turn on the iPod music “Oiishi Two-han Seikatsu” and have them dance for you. You can see both in action here… (warning: disturbing moaning in the background)
* Stress goes down faster if you sit in the box.
* If you call Rose on the codec and shake your Sixaxis, her boobs will jiggle.
* If you flick the remote for the screen Campbell talks to you on with the Mk II you get pictures of girls in their underwear. Apparently it only works in Act 1.
* During a cut-scene, you can shake your controller to return snake to his regular camo.
* In the Vista mansion there are two posters of Akina Minami, when snake views these in first person he will call out the models name and his psyche gauge will go up.
* When you in the basement lab at Shadow Moses you can use MG Mk 2 to reactivate the electric floor and destroy the Gekko.
* Also, if you move the MG Mk. II around during the briefings, you can usually find items, ammo, and iPod music on the Nomad. You can even find batteries so your Solid Eye or MG Mk II lasts longer. There’s a PS3 on the table upstairs.
* There are ghosts in Shadow Moses, only way to see them is using the camera you find on board the Nomad and you must have the Sorrow doll equipped… there are 30.
* In MGS2, if you codec Snake as Raiden with a ration equipped, he says that he admittedly finds it better than Roses cooking. So if you call Rosemary with a ration equipped in MGS4 see that the Colonel couldn’t agree more with Raiden.
* Whenever Snake is smoking there is always a no smoking sign behind him.
* At the start of the game when the adverts are on, you can press X to change through different channels like on TV. There’s a great one where David Hayter is being interviewed wearing a Solid Eye.
* You can raise the MKII’s little head with both the d-pad up and down, and the Sixaxis tilt forward and tilt back.
* If the fight against Laughing Octopus, once she is out of her armor, if you lie face up on the bed in the complex, she will climb on the bed and saddle you.
* In act 2, when you’re tracking Naomi, there’s a plate with the production team’s hand prints on the ground. Lay on this plate and the octocamo will blend to match, covering you in hand prints. This is the only place in the game to get this specific camo, so register it if you want to keep it.
Find out about iPod Tunes (music) and Emblems (achievements) at Gamefaqs. Thanks for the Easter Eggs Joe!