Sony Computer Entertainment America has listed the futuristic racer Wipeout HD‘s new and old features. As you might know the game will be a downloadable only via the PlayStation 3’s Store. Sony wrote about the inclusion of eight teams from Wipeout Pulse (Feisar, Assegai, AG-Systems, Qirex, Piranha, Triakis, Goteki45 and EG-X), pilot assist, five race modes (Single Race, Tournament, Time Trial, Speed Lap and Zone Mode), downloadable content (extra teams, ships, tracks and events for the race campaign), score posting, custom playlists, and of course full 1080p, Sixaxis controls, and eight-player online multiplayer mode. They also revealed the track list…
The Wipeout HD track list includes:
1. Vineta K – On the southern shores of Makana Island, the circuit at Vineta K snakes in and out of the ocean and across the beaches. The highlights of this 4.4km track include spectacular underwater tunnels and cutting-edge architecture along the waterfront.
2. Chenghou Project –The feature-packed circuit at Chenghou Project weaves its way around the offices and corporate buildings of Makana Island’s business district. The 4.8 km track contains a tricky inverse-cambered spiral and culminates in a long jump into the tunnelled entry of the final chicane.
3. Sebenco Climb – The 4.8 km Sebenco Climb track is cut into the hillsides of Makana’s Sebenco mountain range. It features a steep traverse up the snowy mountainside, followed by a breathtaking plunge into an icy tunnel carved through the very heart of the mountain. The final section takes pilots through a challengingly tight chicane before they swing back onto the grid.
4. Sol 2 – The 4.4 km Sol 2 circuit hangs suspended in the clouds high above Makana Island. Consisting of a series of fast-flowing, occasionally open-sided corners linked by sweeping straights, the combination of harsh sunlight and blind summits ensure that Sol 2 is a test of nerve for every speed class.
5. Ubermall – In the heart of Makana Island’s commercial zone is Ubermall, a 4.6 km circuit built into a vast shopping centre. The latter half of the track contains a brief split which rejoins into a narrow hill, followed by an outdoor park section that leads swiftly to the finish.
6. Anulpha Pass – The 5 km Anulpha Pass track is located in a custom-built entertainment arena on the east side of Makana Island. Although the track looks deceptively simple from above, the undulations of the track surface and narrow skill-cut are enough to keep any racer on their toes.
7. Moa Therma – The immense man-made complex of Moa Therma is located just off the northern coast of Sicily, with around a third of the track surface built using mag-strip technology. The centrepiece of this 5.3 km circuit is the gigantic horizontal loop which sits just above sea level.
8. Metropia – The 4.7 km Metropia circuit weaves its way between the skyscrapers and traffic control towers that dominate the Kyoto skyline. Glass-bottomed track surfaces and a stunning vertical mag-strip drop into the depths of the city are just two of the highlights of this popular track.