The futuristic hover ship racer Rapid Racoon, an obvious WipEout clone, will be released on Nintendo DS in February 2008, announced Lexicon Entertainment.
French developer DK Games’ racing game gives you the choice of 3 anti gravity craft which have different skills, speed and handling. There will be the opportunity to unlock 3 more craft if you win each championship attaining first place, as well as being able to unlock 2 extra craft after finishing the normal and hard mode.
While racing the tracks, collectables will randomly appear hovering above the ground to both hinder and aid the player which will include power ups like missiles, mines, speedups, bombs, magnets, etc.
Key game features include:
* 3 modes, easy/normal/hard.
* Cutting edge graphical presentation through creation of an exceptional 3D engine and the best use of the NDS capabilities.
* Wireless local multiplayer mode.
* Simply, effective controls.
* Ingenious AI.
* Each team has a mascot, and one of them will be the Racoon…
The space/sci-fi themed tracks includes visits to three universes:
* UndaCity: based on an industrial environment: factory, dark and dirt…
* Neo terra : cliff, trees, water…
* The frontier: space station, meteor…
The game uses both screens, the upper screen displays the 3D race whilst the bottom screen conveys the opponentâ€™s position and map visualization.
Three modes will be available: in easy mode, the opponents have a speed limit, which requires care and due attention, normal mode, the opponents will endeavor to not let you pass them, but will not be unduly aggressive, hard mode, the opponents will try to not let you pass them, and are outwardly aggressive! All three modes offer added gameplay for driving in a different manner with alternative strategies.