Rock Band release date November 20th 2007 on Xbox 360 and PS3. Video interview shows off the music game.
Rock Band for Xbox 360 and PS3, is an all-new platform for music fans and gamers to interact with music, that has a release date on November 20th 2007 in America. As Rock Band will allow gamers to perform music from the world’s biggest rock artists with their friends as a virtual band using a $199.99 Bundle with drum, bass/lead guitar and microphone peripherals. The game also has deep online multiplayer said to be like touring the country. Built on unprecedented deals with the world’s biggest record labels and music publishers (thanks to MTV who bought the developer), the music featured in Rock Band will span all genres of rock and include many of the master recordings from the biggest songs and artists of all time (see below for the list).
In this video interview you get to see the band customization toolkit, as well as the how Harmonix selected the music.
The soundtracks revealed so far are:
* “(Don’t Fear) The Reaper” by Blue Oyster Cult
* “Enter Sandman” by Metallica
* “Go with the Flow” by Queens of the Stone Age
* “In Bloom” by Nirvana
* “Learn To Fly” by Foo Fighters
* “Main Offender” by The Hives
* “Mississippi Queen” by Mountain
* “Paranoid” by Black Sabbath
* “Reptilia” by The Strokes
* “Rockaway Beach” by The Ramones
* “Say It Ain’t So” by Weezer
* “Suffragette City” by David Bowie
* “Tom Sawyer” by Rush
* “Vasoline” by Stone Temple Pilots
* “Wanted Dead or Alive” by Bon Jovi
* “Won’t Get Fooled Again” by The Who
PS: Wii version expected early 2008. — Date via Engadget