The Guild Wars: Eye of the North expansion pack will feature 4 new regions to explore, 18 large, multi-level dungeons, 150 new skills across all 10 Guild Wars professions, 10 new Heroes, 40 new armor sets, and even more items, weapons and titles. Guild Wars: Eye of the North will be available on August 31, 2007.
The story mostly takes place in the dungeons and caverns of the lands of Tyria that players first explored in Guild Wars Prophecies. Here’s the first in-game footage showing telling the storyline.
Click on the bottom-right corner arrow to view it full-screen.
The new features in detail:
* Guild Wars: Eye of the North–is the first expansion for Guild Wars with content geared exclusively for level 20 characters.
* Return to the battle–scarred continent of Tyria, the home of the original Guild Wars game. There, old friends await, ready to assist you in settling past scores. But an even greater threat looms… The land has erupted, spewing forth a race of beings with only one thoughtâ€”destroy everything. Win or lose, your actions will set the stage for Guild Wars 2.
* Enter the Depthsâ€”Explore a sprawling underground complex of caverns that spans an entire continent, promising 18 multi-level dungeons rife with traps, puzzles, and secret passages. Should you make it past these obstacles, you’ll face foes more cunning and more powerful than anything you’ve seen before.
* You Can Take It with Youâ€”Your achievements, trophies, and titles from Prophecies, Factions, Nightfall, and Eye of the North will not be forgotten. Your Hall of Monuments will preserve them until your descendants can claim them in Guild Wars 2.
* 10 New Heroesâ€”Enlist the aid of Heroes from races old and new, including the barbarian Norn, the magical Asura, and even a few surprises.
* 150 New Skillsâ€”Play with skills unlike anything previously seen in Guild Wars, such as the Light of Deldrimor, which can simultaneously detect hidden objects and smite evil foes.
* 40 New Armor Setsâ€”A combination of powerful, new sets and rare, stand-alone pieces worthy of the great heroes of the land.