The Legend of Spyro 2: The Eternal Night announced for Wii, Playstation 2, DS and Game Boy Advance this autum 2007
The Legend of Spyro: The Eternal Night, the second game in the “Legend of Spyro” trilogy and the sequel to last generation’s “The Legend of Spyro: A New Beginning”, has been announced by Sierra Entertainment for the Wii, Playstation 2, Nintendo DS, Game Boy Advance, and mobile phones this autumn 2007.
This time, the Ape King has arrived at the Temple of Souls in an effort to usher in a new age of darkness. As Spyro, players must unlock the secrets behind a series of strange visions that he is having and find the power to defeat this terrifying new force.
The strong action-infused gameplay established in The Legend of Spyro: A New Beginning has been more focused and taken further with exciting new powers in this sequel, including:
* A brand new advanced move called “Dragon Time”, that allows Spyro to bend time to his will in order to dodge attacks, out-maneuver enemies or solve tricky time-based environmental puzzles.
* Four new upgradeable Breath Attacks (one for each element type) such as: Ice Bomb, Electric Orb, Earth Vine and Enhanced Fire
* Four new elemental melee moves, including: Comet Dash, Arctic Blast, Earth Pound and Electric Spin
* Four new Fury attacks: Earth, Electricity, Ice and Fire
* And all new explosive boss battles against the likes of Skabb the Pirate and Gaul the Ape King
Returning to provide voices for The Legend of Spyro: The Eternal Night are leading Hollywood actors Elijah Wood (Frodo Baggins in The Lord of the Rings trilogy) as Spyro and Gary Oldman (Sirius Black from the Harry Potter films) as Ignitus, the Fire Dragon Elder and Spyroâ€™s mentor.
â€œWeâ€™re really excited to continue the re-emergence of one of video gamingâ€™s most popular characters through this ongoing trilogy,â€ said Al Simone, senior vice president, Global Marketing for Sierra Entertainment . â€œThe Legend of Spyro: The Eternal Night takes the action and excitement of The Legend of Spyro: A New Beginning to the next level with new breath attacks, fury modes, and the introduction of the new â€˜Dragon Timeâ€™ ability to deliver an exciting experience that Spyro fans and gamers of all ages will love.â€
Developed by critically-acclaimed developers Krome Studios (PlayStation 2 and Wii) and Amaze Entertainment (Nintendo DS and Game Boy Advance), The Legend of Spyro: The Eternal Night is scheduled to be released in autumn 2007. Vivendi Games Mobile is also making The Legend of Spyro: The Eternal Night available for mobile phones throughout Europe and North America.
View screenshots of The Legend of Spyro 2: The Eternal Night in this video