The Darkness is is one of the big titles that are now available like Harry Potter 5 and Pokemon Battle Revolution in North America for Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3. The game is said to really captured the dark and gritty storyline of The Darkness comic books. But what features make this FPS game so fun? They include:
* Varying manifestations of the Darkness allow you to devour, impale or implode your enemies. Use the Darkness to toss huge objects like cars as though they were toys.
* Summon darklings – impish and humorous demons – to do your bidding and eviscerate your foes.
* Cannibalize your victims – Slay your enemies and command the Darkness to eat their hearts and increase your strength and power.
* The light is your enemy – Extinguish any light in your path while seeking the shadows wherever possible in order to feed and replenish the Darkness.
* Insane multiplayer – Shapeshift between darkling and human in online multiplayer games and face other players in traditional as well as all-new innovative multiplayer modes.
* Diverse voice talent – An all-star cast adds authenticity to the characters and credibility to the overall cinematic experience, including Kirk Acevedo (Oz, Band of Brothers) as Jackie Estacado, Lauren Ambrose (Six Feet Under) as Jenny Romano, and Mike Patton (Faith No More, Peeping Tom) as the voice of the Darkness.
* In-game television – Watch select shows in their entirety, including everything from Nosferatu to Popeye. Players can also tune into breaking news that directly relates to the storyline.
This video of The Darkness multiplayer mode shows killing as humans or the wretched darklings:
Click on the bottom-right corner arrow to view it full-screen.
The Darkness single player mode footage:
The story is set in the dark and seedy underbelly of New York City and the ethereal realm of The Darkness, players assume the role of mafia hitman Jackie Estacado, heir to “The Darkness,” an ancient power that awakens within him on his 21st birthday. Jackie must use traditional weapons as well as learn to command his terrible new powers to seek revenge on his own crime family.