Beautiful Katamari release date is October 17 on Xbox 360 and PS3. First video shown and features include HD graphics & online multiplayer
Namco Bandai’s new action game has the next generation sights and sounds of Beautiful Katamari as the Prince takes on a new high-rolling adventure, with his famous cousins in tow, to save the Katamari universe once again after the King of All Cosmos has a very un-royal and unfortunate accident. As usual, the King of All Cosmos demands the service of his son, the Prince, to roll anything and everything up into massive clumps and set things right, bringing harmony once again to the Katamari Cosmos.
Take the Prince for a spin in astounding 720p next-gen graphics, that stay true to the quirky yet captivating art direction the series is known for, but glistening with a new coat of paint in high-definition, as the Prince is tasked to roll up bizarre objects in brand new environments. To keep his son inspired, the King of All Cosmos will provide another fresh and memorable soundtrack that will have players moving and grooving to the beat as they roll through the absurd, yet wonderful world of Beautiful Katamari. First look:
One is a lonely number, but thankfully the Prince can humbly ask the aid of over 50 of his cousins to get the ball rolling through his quest. The cousins have discovered new games to play since last time out, and love to compete with friends in multiplayer Katamari rolling games either together or online over Xbox Live and the PlayStation Network. The Prince and his cousins’ online adventure won’t end there as a variety of future downloadable content will become available, continuing to expand on the amazing world of Beautiful Katamari, long after the game has launched. More online features will be rolled out at a later date.
Key game features include:
* Rolling in 720P – Katamari leaps into the next generation with an upgrade into the HD era with increased visual depth and seamless Katamari growth.
* All new soundtrack – Pick up items at your leisure to a brand new catchy soundtrack.
* New Levels – New levels and objects present the player with more craziness to conquer like keeping your cool and collecting frosty items in the Ice House!
* New characters – New cousins join the fun to bring the total to over 50 playable characters, each with their own quirky animations and style.
* Offline multiplayer – Share the experience with another player as you race to collect more objects than each other. Tired of battling it out? Make peace and work together in CO-OP mode to roll the same katamari. Make sure your communication skills are working at peak efficiency!
* Online multiplayer – For the first time ever, the Katamari franchise rolls into the online world. Compete with your friends to roll up everything or as many specific objects as possible. As your waiting for more online players, also take part in the lively mini-games that populate the lobby and spread the world of Katamari Damacy.
* Downloadable content – The worldâ€™s ever changing as your game will continue to give you joy through downloadable content ready to give you a fresh experience every time you fire up your system.