In an all new story, written by Greg Rucka, author of the Queen and Country series of novels and graphic novels, Syphon Filter: Loganâ€™s Shadow for PSP provides a sophisticated and gripping storyline that is sure to resonate with comic book lovers and action enthusiasts. We find Gabe Logan once again using a combination of stealth and â€œrun-and-gunâ€ gameplay as he is called into action when a dangerous new technology is hijacked by a criminal extremist group. In a story that takes him from the depths of the Indian Ocean to the deserts of the Middle East, Gabe is faced with the possibility that his long time partner, Lian Xing is a double agent.
Syphon Filter: Loganâ€™s Shadow is complete with a variety of combat mechanics including the ability to force enemies into cover with â€œblind-fireâ€, an advanced melee system that allows Gabe to use enemies as human shields, and 360 degree underwater combat. For the first time in the franchise â€œinteractive momentsâ€ have been added for increased player interaction, such as airlifting debris and escaping wrist restraints. Returning to the franchise are buddy missions which have been enhanced with a variety of new objectives. Take a look at the first trailer:
Key features include:
* Havok physics engine provides life-like physical reactions on both characters and environments.
* New and improved weapons, such as grenade launchers, sticky mines, smoke grenades, and flash bangs.
* New character actions enable players to force enemies to take cover with â€œblind fireâ€ or protect health with the new â€œhuman shieldâ€ features.
* Underwater physics allows players to experience 360 degrees of water navigation to explore shipwrecks and target enemies with new underwater weapons like the bolt pistol and spear gun.
* Improved buddy mechanics.
* New mini game features, brand new to the Syphon Filter franchise.
* All new story written by Greg Rucka, critically acclaimed author of comic books and novels (Batman, Gotham Central, Queen and Country).
* All new sound track featuring award winning composer Azam Ali.
Syphon Filter: Logan’s Shadow boat gameplay footage shows how the secret agent recreates MGS2 action on PSP: