Crackdown gets free update, free pack and $10 bonus pack with new weapons, vehicles and Xbox 360 game modes
May 12 update: Warning! The new downloads (or just the title update) are erasing save game data some of the time when you play a co-op game where the host has the Keys to the City cheat mode enabled. The Crackdown forums mention the creators are working on a fix for the problem over the weekend, for now there’s only a workaround:
1. Sign-in to Xbox Live
2. Start Crackdown and receive new Title Update (if you haven’t already)
3. Begin a Single Player Campaign game
4. Once loaded, press Start and choose “Quit”
5. Reboot Crackdown (soft reboot or hard reboot of console)
With more than 900,000 units of Crackdown sold-through in only two months, Microsoft Game Studios and Realtime Worlds are extending the game. New Crackdown content is going to hit the Xbox Live Marketplace today and over the next week. You’ve got your free Title Update Items, a Free-For-All Pack, and an 800 Microsoft Points (that’s $10 / â‚¬9.60 / Â£6.80) for the “Getting’ Busy Bonus Pack“.
Crackdownoncrime gives a good tip for the pay-for pack: You can essentially â€œtry before you buyâ€ by partnering cooperatively with another player that has purchased the “Getting’ Busy Bonus Pack”. This will give both players full access to packâ€™s goodies, for that session.
Majornelson has videos showing it all like the new weapons:
Directly from the development team at Real Time Worlds, here’s a list of what’s in the update & downloadable content:
Title Update Items (Free)
Reset Gangs: In place of the current option to reset the cityâ€™s crime (unlocked by defeating all 21 bosses), the gangs can now be completely reset in the main campaign.
Easier Orb Hunting: Imagine how great it would be if when searching for the last remaining hidden agility orbs the audio range on each of them got wider as fewer remained; well imagine no longer. Audio â€pingâ€ range is now gradually increased when searching for the last 50 percent of hidden orbs, and 20 percent of agility orbs.
Ground Strike: Available to a four star strength agent only, it is now possible to slam downwards while airborne by holding the attack button. The resulting strike is deadly to anything it hits, with an additional shockwave stunning nearby enemies.
Improved firing over low walls: Agents can now fire downwards at a greater angle while taking partial cover behind a low wall.
Targeting enhancements: Improved target lock prioritization of enemies behind vehicles as well as live enemies over corpses.
Those damn fire hydrants!: The fire hydrants were near indestructible but were also hard to spot. Now, though still best avoided, they can be smashed over for a far less unreasonable penalty.
Stunt Ring Visibility: Stunt Rings are now much easier to locate.
No â€œLefty Flipâ€ on vehicle control: Removal of the lefty flip on vehicle control so that left-handed players can aim with the left stick, but still steer with the right stick.
Persisting Charges & Mines: Limpet Charges (and the new Proximity Mines) will persist at all times within the game world and not just when within a certain range of the player.
Distant Explosions: No matter where the explosion(s), players will be able to see them provided they have a line of sightâ€¦ itâ€™s always a clear day in Pacific City!
Ramp Truck Issues: Some vehicles didnâ€™t seem to get on well with the ramp truck, but we never intended this to be a SUV-only toy. Now none of them can get enough of it!
Camera Enhancements: Better camera for performing vehicle stunts or driving on near vertical surfaces (particularly with Top Level Agency SUV or new Peacekeeper Buggy). Also vertigo-inducing tweaks for those long leaps of faith.
Player to player precision shots: Weâ€™ve dropped the PvP lock-on but now another agent can be hit with a head or leg shot using normal targeting.
â€œFree-For-All Packâ€ Downloadable Content (Free) :
Keys to the City: The ultimate Cheat Mode! Enter this mirror of the main Campaign for a clean-slate game that can be fully exploited and customized for a single play session. (Note: Achievements and leaderboards will be disabled in this mode)
* Build a pile of 100 explosive drums at the top of the Agency Tower â€“ then let it rip!
* Spawn a ramp truck anywhere, and itâ€™ll stay there
* Create an agency vehicle or one of the new Peacekeeper vehicles any time, any place
* Players can set character skills however they want them, or just activate the accelerated skill leveling feature (â€œCrackdownâ€ demo anyone?)
* Check out â€œSuper Agent Agilityâ€ to jump ridiculous distances, swim faster than a torpedo and sprint faster than a speeding bullet (almost)
* Try the â€œSuper Agent Strengthâ€ to toss a truck with deadly accuracy further than ever dreamt. Boot enemies into the stratosphere!
* Get the most out of the exciting selection of new weaponry by activating infinite ammo. Max out the selection at each supply point too!
* Do all of this without skipping a beat of the action â€“ the pop-up cheat menu is always available during play without pausing the game
Vehicle Impounding: The Agency Garage has been given an overhaul; this was partly to accommodate the brand new Peacekeeper Vehicles, but also to allow Agents to impound their favorites so that theyâ€™re always availableâ€¦ in their preferred color.
* Impounding is simple: commandeer the vehicle and return it to the garage
* Vehicles that arenâ€™t yet impounded are displayed as feint images, so players can see at a glance whatâ€™s missing from their collection
* The â€œConfiscatorâ€ achievement awaits those who simply had to catch â€˜em all
Co-op Trophy sequences: A trophy emblazoned with my gamertag that is displayed for me and my opponent every time I win at the existing game types!? Yes please!
Psychotic Mission Trials
Â§ A record is now kept of Time Trials completed at â€œPsychoticâ€ difficulty
Â§ Scoring the maximum 21/21 isnâ€™t just the ultimate challenge that every true Agent of Justice should have the stones to take on, but itâ€™s also the only way to unlock the highly coveted â€œPsych Outâ€ Achievement
â€œGettingâ€™ Busy Bonus Packâ€ Premium Downloadable Content (800 Points)
* Double wishbone suspension absorbs the bumps in spectacular fashion
* Rides over anything â€“ even when scaling near vertical surfaces
* Insane air control
* Roof mounted, independently aiming mini-gun activated with either â€œBâ€ or â€œLeft Bumperâ€
* Ridiculously powerful mono-cockpit race car
* Acceleration that blows away everything else in the city
* Incredible grip and top speed
* Those road race leaderboard times are set to tumble!
Agency Armored Vehicle:
* Like the Agency Truck, the AAV can smash through barricades with ease
* Tank-like in design, occupants are completely protected from assault
* Surprisingly fast and agile for its size
* Rockets fired from independently aiming main turret with either â€œBâ€ or â€œLeft Bumperâ€
Street Racing: Pacific City is finally free from crime. Agency activity is once again concealed behind closed doors. The remaining peacekeepers, having very little to do, quickly grew restless. To satisfy their lingering lust for danger, high risk Street Racing tournaments have been established across the city.
* Compete in six different on and off road races across the city
* 6 radically different vehicle options per circuit
* Race against up to 11 other â€œdo or dieâ€ opponents, including another player over XBL
* Compare fastest race times as well as race wins for that session with your co-op â€œbuddyâ€
* Players can post their fastest time per circuit to the online leaderboards
* Take advantage of the world of â€œCrackdownâ€ to win by any means necessary: create road blocks, hit gas tanks, or simply slam opponents into submission
* Mini rockets are thrown out from the rotating muzzle section before their boosters ignite and swarm towards their target.
* The homing mini-rockets are incredibly agile making this the ultimate fire-and-forget weapon
EX1 â€œProximity Chargeâ€:
* Similar to the standard issue â€œLimpet Charge,â€ these can be attached to any surface.
* A visible local field is generated when the charge is set. Enemy penetration of this field will result in detonation
* In a bid to reduce the extensive civilian casualties lying in the wake of any crime fighting Agent, intelligent threat-sensing technology prevents the charge from detonating when a firearm is not detected
* Unfortunately the technology isnâ€™t quite intelligent enough to prevent detonation due to field penetration by another Agent
* A powerful gas powered mechanism capable of launching a deadly, razor-sharp spear over large distances with incredible accuracy
* Can be used to ensure enemies â€œstick aroundâ€ when players need them to, or to attach perps to their vehicle if they need to take them downtownâ€¦or around town
* The ultimate fast-firing projectile weapon
* â€œSpin-upâ€ to full fire rate takes some time, but the devastation is incredible
* Comes with a bountiful supply of high-caliber ammunition
VS1 â€œCloaking Deviceâ€:
* The perfect device for the Agent that likes his action served psychotic, or for anyone that just needs to get under the radar from time to time
* Renders the player barely visible and off radar
* The VS1 is fuelled by Agency suit armor; when depleted an Agent can find themselves distressingly vulnerable
New Game Types
Max-Agility Rooftop Races:
* Compete solo or with two players in races across the city rooftops
* Nine new races in total, each with its own solo & co-op leaderboards
* Four are with Los Muertos, three with The Volk, and The Shai-Gen play host to the remaining two
* And no, gamers wonâ€™t need to complete these too for the existing â€œOver Our Headsâ€ Achievement!
* Each district (including Agency Island) hosts a Stockpile game â€“ clearly identified with its unique beacon
* Stockpile can be played solo or in co-op
* The aim is to collect all the game specific orbs (also marked on the tracker) in the fastest time
* Best times are uploaded to the online leaderboards
* Two players can work co-operatively to find all the orbs in the fastest possible time, or simply compete for the highest score when the time runs out
* In the case of competitive play, it doesnâ€™t always pay to do the grunt work of collection; when an Agent is killed he drops a third of his spoils
* A highly addictive two-player competitive game that makes the very most of the world of â€œCrackdownâ€
* The game can only be initiated in one place â€“ the Agency Garage
* A random target destination is identified somewhere on the city, but is only marked on the tracker (not the map)
* The first person to reach the destination gains a point and activates the next checkpoint
* The winner is the first to 10 points
* Other than that, Checkpoint Chase has no rules!
* The ultimate competitive combat event!
* Each of the 21 gang boss lairs now also plays host to a game of Rocket Tag
* When the game is activated the players are randomly assigned as â€œhunterâ€ and â€œhuntedâ€
* The hunter has a straight-shootinâ€™ â€œHotshotâ€ rocket launcherâ€¦and more ammo than he could ever need!
* The hunted hasâ€¦a pistol
* To win, the hunted player must avoid being caught in the blast of the rocket launcher for 60 seconds. Simple!
Achievements: The new content brings with it seven new achievements (taking the overall total to a nice round 50). Letâ€™s get one thing straight, nobodyâ€™s paying for the 100 points that were missing from the original game â€“ and in fact weâ€™re repaying that debt with some serious interest!
In total the download pack unlocks a whopping 350 gamerscore!
* Impound all the chosen vehicles and store them in the Agency Garage
* 40 Gamerscore
Psych Out *
* Complete all Time Trial missions at the Psychotic Difficulty level
* 100 Gamerscore
Stockpile Supreme **
* Complete any Stockpile mini-game in less than 2 minutes and 30 seconds.
* 10 Gamerscore
Flippin’ Crazy **
* Complete three flips of any type in a single jump in any vehicle
* 20 Gamerscore
Body Armor **
* Use the Harpoon gun to attach five corpses to a single vehicle
* 10 Gamerscore
Street Racer ***
* Win all Street Races using any vehicle
* 20 Gamerscore
Street Racer Elite ***
* Win all Street Races using all available vehicles
* 150 Gamerscore
* Available with Free DLC
** Available when one player has Premium DLC
*** Available only with Premium DLC
Don’t forget, on May 16, owners of the specially marked packages of Crackdown will be able to access the long-awaited Halo 3 multiplayer beta from the in-game menu. — Via Phuze