Microsoft announced that Assault Heroes [sub-site not live yet at time of posting], a vehicular combat action game, developed specifically for Xbox Live Arcade will arrive tomorrow on Wednesday. The game will be available for download worldwide on Xbox Live Arcade for Xbox 360 after 0800 GMT (1AM PST), at a price of 800 Microsoft Points (that’s $10 / â‚¬9.60 / Â£6.80).
As the only surviving members of an elite Special Forces unit, it is up to you to find the secret underground lab. Go the mission alone or fight side-by-side with a friend in the two-player cooperative mode. Navigate your heavily armed 4×4, speed boat or travel on foot and blast your way through enemy-infested territory. Prepare to be assaulted by waves of formidable enemies with unrelenting attacks.
The key features include:
* Multiplayer co-op mode â€“ Two players may play co-operatively online via Xbox Live or offline (same screen) with enhanced weapons and special attacks to encourage team-based campaigns.
* Dynamic gameplay â€“ Operate an armed 4X4, speed boat or simply fight on foot for a quick change of pace.
* Arsenal of weapons â€“ Equip characters with miniguns, flak cannons, flamethrowers, grenades and nukes to destroy everything in your path.
* Realistic special effects â€“ Destructible terrain and advanced physics engine provide a truly engaging Arcade experience.
* Highly detailed graphics â€“ Vehicles leave tracks in the sand, send parts flying when they explode, and leave smoke trails when taking damage.
* Exhilarating Action-Packed Experience â€“ Challenging and graphically compelling levels (including bonus sublevels) for fast-paced and addictive play. Xbox Live Leaderboards.