Electronic Arts has revealed a new Seasons expansion pack for The Sims 2 on PC. The Sims 2: Seasons offers new seasonal activities including snowball fights, chasing fireflies, and jumping in leaf piles or pools. Your Sims can now explore new careers and master new talents throughout the year like Adventure, Gamer, Law, Music, Journalism, and Education. Sims will be able to grow their own vegetables which they can either consume or sell.
Seasons impact your Sims’ relationships, moods, wants, and fears. For example summer, winter, autumn, spring weather will affect each Sim. The release date in America is February 27th, 2007, and in Europe March 1st, 2007.
Take a look at the entire features list below:
* Dramatic and Detailed Weather Effects: A brand-new visual experience has come to the world of The Sims 2. Now your Sims can experience snowstorms, thundershowers, lightning bolts, and deadly hailstones. All four seasons are spectacularly rendered to occur in every The Sims 2 neighborhood.
* Benefit from Each Season: Seasons impact your Sims’ relationships, moods, wants, and fears.
* Share New activities: New ways for your Sims, their families, and friends to have fun together! Build snowmen, splash in the pool, play catch, and go ice skating.
* Reap the Fruits of Your Sims’ Labors: Harvest fruits and veggies all year round and blend love potions, energy drinks, health boosters, and more.
* Master New Talents: Join the Gardening Club for tips on how to make your garden blossom, and reap the rewards! Catch fresh fish to grill on the barbeque-but beware surprising catches!
* Explore 6 New Careers: Do your Sims crave the life of an adventurer or gamer? Perhaps they’d rather explore music, law, journalism, or education? Fun reward objects like a heavy metal guitar await your Sims with each new career path.
* Dress for the Season: Dress your Sims in seasonal outfits including Winter coats, gloves, ear muffs, raincoats, and Summer dresses.
* Fun New Items: Decide the season with the weather control device, harvest fruits and veggies in the greenhouse, slip in the skating rink, make a wish at the wishing well, and add fun with a pool slide.
The official description from developer Maxis reads: “Give your Sims a break and get them out of the house! This upcoming expansion pack for the Sims 2 lets you take your Sims outside where they can engage in fun seasonal activities including snowball fights, playing pool games like Marco Polo, and more. They can frolic in Spring showers, fish in their own ponds, and grow seasonal fruits with unexpected consequences. Whether you build them a small Winter chalet or a Summer cabin, your Sims will enjoy every season – but watch out for unpredictable weather!”