They might as well have called it the big PS3.0 update 😉 But it’s here, a feature filled PSP firmware 3.0 update. To get it access Network Update and download the file to your PSP, or check if it’s available at Yourpsp.com. Sony put the firmware update manual online here. So good of them to finally add the option to turn off UMD Auto-Start! See it all in the videos at the bottom.
The update includes these new features:
– PlayStation Network* titles are now supported under [Game].
– [Remote Play]** for video/music/pictures has been added as a feature under [Network].
– [Online Instruction Manuals] has been added as a feature under [Network].
– Timed recording has been added as a feature under [RSS Channel].
– A visual player*** has been added as a feature under [Music].
– 3-speed fast forward and fast reverse has been added as a feature under [Music].
– [Camera] has been added as a feature under [Photo] for the upcoming EyeToy PSP camera.
– [UMD Auto-Start] ON or OFF has been added as a feature in [System Settings] under [Settings].
* = Play PlayStation Network titles (PSone games) downloaded from the PlayStation Store. A PS3 system is required to use this feature. 🙁
** = You can display a PS3 system screen on a PSP system and play content that is on the PS3 system. To use this feature, you must adjust the necessary settings on the PSP system and the PS3 system. 😀
*** = See how it looks via this video recorded by PSPfanboy.
Here’s a test of the PS3 Remote Play on PSP:
A more detailed (music, etc.) tour of the PSP firmware: