This Summer Nintendo is giving Europeans a good reason to discover the most exotic destinations in the Wild World of Animal Crossing. If you go online with Animal Crossing between July 17-23th, Nintendo will send you a cool souvenir to remember your travels: a Fire Flower.
To make sure you donâ€™t miss out on such a rare gift, they’ve created this easy holiday checklist to ensure some smooth sailing on your journey. Below is the list:
1. Make sure your Nintendo DS with Animal Crossing: Wild World is registered in the Nintendo Wi-Fi Connection network. (Please see the instruction manual for details on how to connect to Nintendo Wi-Fi Connection.)
2. In the game, use the telephone in your bedroom and select â€˜Downloadsâ€™. You will be told what your town can currently receive. When asked â€˜What about downloading letters and bulletin board messages?â€™ make sure you answer â€˜Thatâ€™s fine!â€™. After that, select â€˜Nothingâ€™ to hang up the phone.
3. Register a Friend Code by tapping the heart icon in the item menu.
4. Go to the Town Gate between July 17-23th and talk to Copper, the dog on the right. When he asks you what he can do for you, either select â€˜I wanna go outâ€™ to visit a friendâ€™s town, or â€˜Invite guestsâ€™ to allow a friend to travel to your town. Whatever you choose, you need to choose â€˜Nintendo WFCâ€™ next in order to get the Fire Flower.
5. After you finished using Wi-Fi, there will be a letter from Nintendo in the mailbox at your house!
Again, please note that this will only work with the European version of Animal Crossing: Wild World for Nintendo DS. Via Nintendo Europe