EA Sports Fight Night Round 3 brings the most intense boxing videogame experience to the virtual ring. On the way to becoming boxing’s greatest legend, train to fight like the best including Muhammad Ali and Oscar De La Hoya or create a boxing style unique only to your boxer. Go toe-to-toe with greats such as Ali, De La Hoya, Joe Frazier, Bernard Hopkins and Roy Jones Jr. Outside of the ring, gamers can establish intense rivalries through pre-fight events putting purpose and passion behind every hit.
Next-gen graphics have finally arrived to boxing games. Find out all about it in this Fight Night Round 3 video review.
Fight Night Round 3 features include:
* Super Punch – Clench down on that mouth guard rookie! Players will feel the impact of a devastating punch as the boxer’s face ripples from a super punch knockout.
* Real In-The-Ring Graphics – Featuring hud-less gameplay, gamers rely on facial expressions and body language to gauge an opponent’s health and energy creating a more emotionally immersive experience.
* One Punch Can Change A Fight – Three new Impact Punches ala the EA SPORTS Haymaker keep gamers at the edge of their seat as players are only one punch away from the entire dynamic of the fight changing. Land a perfectly timed Flash KO or jump into a quick mid-fight mini-game to land a humiliating knockdown punch. Thrown using EA SPORTS Fight Night’s innovative analog punch system, Impact Punches are high risk and high reward – put down your opponent or get knocked on the canvas.
* Boxing’s Greatest Rivalries – Watch ESPN Classic footage of real-life bouts or re-create the greatest fights from past and present including Arturo Gatti vs. Mickey Ward, Marco Antonio Barrera vs. Eric Morales, and Ali vs. Frasier.
* Talk the Talk, Walk the Walk – Establish intense rivalries of your own by intimidating opponents before the big fight with heated press conferences full of hype, trash talkin’, and fights at weigh-ins. Relive the best rivalries of your career in ESPN’s Instant Classics!
* Style Defines a Fighter—Create a style of your own, then see how you match up against the authentic signature styles from the world’s best fighters. Licensed boxers use tactics and strategies that match their real life counterparts. Self Determinant AI adapts its style to match user strengths and to exploit weaknesses.
* Online Gameplay – EA SPORTS Fight.
To quote the video review: “The enjoyment you receive from Fight Night Round 3 may be based on how much of a boxing fan you are. Ironically, if you know nothing about the sport, you’ll probably enjoy it more than if you do. And those who feel starved for a new Xbox 360 game probably won’t regret picking it up, as it is one of the best-looking titles on the system. As long as you know the game is not your typical fast-paced fighter, you should be more than content.”
Design — 9.3
Gameplay — 7.8
Overall — 8.2