MechAssault: Phantom War announced for Nintendo DS
Gaming-Age got some pictures of the just announced MechAssault: Phantom War for Nintendo DS. This is the first handheld installment of the series. The touch screen lets players intuitively â€˜touchâ€™ the cockpit controls to hack into giant â€˜Mechs, eject pilots, switch weapons and check battle techniques.
Gamers experience fast-action, 3D â€˜Mech combat on the top screen, while the lower touch screen positions them inside the cockpit at the controls.
MechAssault: Phantom War features include:
* Commandeer over 20 types of vehicles, including â€˜Mechs, Tanks, Turret and BattleArmor;
* Wreak havoc on the enemy and environment with an arsenal of powerful, fully upgradeable weapons;
* Brand new story drawn from the popular BattleTech series which spawned highly successful games like MechWarrior & MechCommander for the PC and MechAssault & Crimson Skies for the Xbox(R) video game system.
* Use the touch screen to sneak into enemy territory, hijack enemy â€˜Mechs and wield the most secret weapon in the Inner Sphere;
* Wireless multiplayer combat for up to four players simultaneously;
* Master 24 single player campaigns across four planets and three exciting multiplayer game types;
* Unlockable â€˜Mechs, maps and cheats enhance gameplay.