Our 100% Lego Dimensions walkthrough will guide you through the beginning to ending moments of gameplay with strategy tips for this toys-to-life action-adventure game on the PS4, PS3, Xbox One, Xbox 360 & Wii U.
Let’s start the Lego Dimensions walkthrough with a story introduction video!
When a new threat emerges, heroes from different worlds go on a journey together to save the LEGO multiverse!
Lego Dimensions is rated PEGI 7 in Europe & ESRB E10+ in America for everyone 7 to 10 years or older. This game includes Cartoon Violence and Crude Humor.
If you need help anywhere, check the FAQ section, or please leave a comment below!
Table of Contents
- Level 1: Follow the LEGO Brick Road (Wizard of Oz)
- Level 2: Meltdown at Sector 7-G (The Simpsons)
- Level 3: Elements of Surprise (Ninjago)
- Level 4: In The Nick Of Timey-Wimey (Doctor Who)
- Level 5: Simply Walked Into… Metropolis (Superman)
- Level 6: Once Upon A Time Machine in the West (Back To The Future)
- Level 7: GLaD to See You (Portal 2)
- Level 8: Riddle-earth (Lord Of The Rings)
- Level 9: The Phantom Zone (Ghostbusters)
- Level 10: All Your Bricks Are Belong To Us (Midway Arcade)
- Level 11: Mystery Mansion Mash Up (Scooby-Doo)
- Level 12: Prime Time
- Level 13: The End is Tri
- Level 14: The Final Dimension & Lord Vortech Boss Fight
- Level 15: Finish Story & Ending
- Bonus Level: Mystery Dimension
- Portal 2 Level Pack: A Portal 2 Adventure
- The Simpsons Level Pack: A Springfield Adventure
- Back to the Future Level Pack: A Hill Valley Time Travel Adventure
- Doctor Who Level Pack: An Adventure in Space and Time
- Work-In-Progress: Future Level Pack Release Dates
Index of Lego Dimensions Guides:
- This Page: Lego Dimensions Walkthrough
- Next Page: Lego Dimensions Cheats
Lego Dimensions Walkthrough
[WORK-IN-PROGRESS: Guide will be updated daily!]
Question: What is LEGO Dimensions?
Answer: LEGO Dimensions features an original story that combines characters and worlds from 14 of the most popular entertainment brands including DC Comics, The Lord of the Rings, The LEGO Movie, The Wizard of Oz, LEGO Ninjago, Back to the Future, Scooby-Doo, LEGO Chima, Doctor Who, Jurassic World, Ghostbusters, The Simpsons, Portal and Midway Arcade.
In the game, there is an ancient planet at the center of the LEGO Multiverse inhabited by an evil mastermind, Lord Vortech. It is said that he who controls the Foundational Elements that this planet is built upon, controls all of the Multiverse. Lord Vortech has vowed to be that ruler, summoning characters from a variety of LEGO worlds to help him find these building bricks of LEGO civilization. Some have agreed, others have rebelled, and only the combined powers of the greatest LEGO heroes can stop him.
When a mysterious and powerful vortex suddenly appears in various LEGO worlds, different characters from DC Comics, The Lord of the Rings and The LEGO Movie are swept away. To save their friends, LEGO Batman, LEGO Gandalf and LEGO Wyldstyle journey to locations beyond their wildest imaginations, and they soon realize that Lord Vortech is summoning villains from across different LEGO worlds to help him gain control. As his power grows, worlds mix, unexpected characters meet and all boundaries are broken. Our heroes must travel through space and time to rescue their friends before the vortexes destroy all of LEGO humanity.
Question: What do you need to get started?
Answer: The LEGO Dimensions Starter Pack is all players need to begin – build the base and embark on a fantastic quest. Included in the LEGO Dimensions Starter Pack:
– LEGO Dimensions videogame
– LEGO Toy Pad portal
– Bricks to build the LEGO Gateway
– 3 LEGO minifigures (Batman, Gandalf, and Wyldstyle)
– LEGO Batmobile vehicle
Build the minifigure heroes and fire-up the game to start the experience, then follow the in-game build instructions to assemble the loose bricks into the LEGO Gateway, and place the structure on the LEGO Toy Pad. Expand the adventure by collecting more minifigures, vehicles, gadgets, and new levels with the purchase of three different types of expansion packs. Use whatever minifigure with whichever vehicle or gadget – go ahead… break the rules!
Question: What are the key game features?
- An Extreme Cross-Over. For the first time in any LEGO videogame, characters from a mix of some of the best brands in the universe join forces and battle in worlds outside of their own. A Dark Knight, a Wizard, and a LEGO Master Builder traveling together down the Yellow Brick Road is just the beginning…
- Keep Expanding. By purchasing additional expansion packs, players can grow their collection with a variety of their favorite brands to create even more crazy combinations. Grow your LEGO Dimensions adventure with Level Packs, Team Packs, and Fun Packs.
- Discover Adventure Worlds. Each of the brands in LEGO Dimensions has its own unique Adventure World where players can explore, go on quests, race, and collect studs and bricks. There are in total 14 Adventure Worlds that can be unlocked to add even more gameplay, and each world can be unlocked with any LEGO Dimensions minifigure belonging to that brand. With the Starter Pack, players can instantly access 3 — DC Comics (with Batman), The Lord of the Rings (with Gandalf), and The LEGO Movie (with Wyldstyle). And just like the levels in the LEGO Dimensions Starter Pack, any character can use any vehicle or gadget in any Adventure World.
- More is Better. Bring up to seven minifigures, vehicles and/or gadgets into the game all at once by dropping them on the LEGO Toy Pad for the most exciting and action-filled game around.
- 3-in-1 Building. Build and then rebuild to power-up every vehicle and gadget. Each can be built a total of three times providing super-charged, in-game abilities with each upgrade.
- The LEGO Toy Pad Does More. It lights-up, flashes and even changes color to give players clues as to where to go, what to look for, or how to solve a puzzle. Gamers command the action – where and when the physical toys are moved on the LEGO Toy Pad will impact what happens in the game.
- Play Alone or with a Friend. Players can let imagination guide their solo journey or have a friend join the adventure with co-operative, drop-in/drop-out play.
- he Starter Pack Will Last. The LEGO Toy Pad and the videogame found in the initial Starter Pack will offer continued compatibility with future Expansion Packs for years to come. Like any LEGO building set, LEGO Dimensions is a system of play that offers continued compatibility – everything bought today or expanded with tomorrow will continue to work.
Question: Your question?
This FAQ section is reserved to answer the most asked questions from the comments.
Welcome to our 100% complete Lego Dimensions walkthrough!
100% means that using this walkthrough and our location guides (listed above), you will see how to solve all puzzles, get all characters & vehicles unlocked, and see where to find all Minikits, Red Bricks, Gold Bricks, as well as where to rescue all Minifigs in Peril’s. You are a true hero after all!
Your voice-over guide through all the levels will be Brian.
Let’s have some family-friendly fun and a brick-smashing good time! 😀
Building The Toy Pad Portal:
Brian and his son Rhyse unbox and build the LEGO Dimensions Starter Pack #71171. The Lego Dimensions Starter Pack is a 269 piece set and includes The Lego Toy Pad Dimensions Portal, 3 Minifigures (Batman, Wildstyle and Gandalf), and the Batmobile. The Lego Dimensions Starter Pack sells for $100 / €100 / £85 at most retailers.
During the first 15 minutes of Lego Dimensions, we get introduced to the 3 heroes (Batman, Gandalf and Wildstyle) and learn how to use the Toy Pad, not to mention how to build the Lego Batmobile that comes in the Dimensions Starter Pack.
Level 1 Starts:
Our heroes take an inter-dimensional trip to the world of the Wizard of Oz! 🙂
With Lego Dimensions now started, in the second level we get to visit The Simpsons city of Springfield, where you’ll be playing out an episode of the show in cel-shaded cartoon style and everything.
By finishing this level you’ll obtain the Chroma Keystone, which allows new Toy Pad capabilities.
As we continue the story, we have some work to do in the Lego Ninjago world, as we continue chasing the Chroma Keystone that allows new Toy Pad capabilities.
The fourth level is where we get to travel with the Tardis, yes indeed it’s the Doctor Who level. The Doctor drops our friends off near to where another Keystone is. Too bad he doesn’t stick around to help us defeat HIS enemies (unless of course you bought his minifigure, but we’re first playing through the game with our 3 Starter Kit heroes).
In the fifth level we find ourselves using the Scale Keystone, which allows Minifigure size Toy Pad capabilities, as well as playing in a few key areas of Metropolis city with some Lord of the Rings twists thanks to a visit by Sauron.
Brick Interaction Tips:
– Cyberman has a special combo-ability for Dive & Hacking no single other character has.
– Characters that can fly like Wonder Woman and Wicked Witch can skip difficult sections/puzzles by flying past/over them, the flying ability (be it from a character or a vehicle) also makes it easy to collect Red Bricks that are normally out of reach.
– You need heat-based attacks like Superman’s heat/laser vision to destroy Gold LEGO objects.
– Super strength characters can destroy or manipulate LEGO objects that normal characters can’t.
– Homer’s burp can shatter Blue LEGO Glass. To use, hold the X button on Xbox systems / hold the Square button on PlayStation systems / hold the Y button on Nintendo systems.
Lego Dimensions Walkthrough continues on Page 2 with Level 6: Once Upon A Time Machine in the West (Back To The Future).
Tags: Lego Dimensions