What are the Call of Duty: Black Ops 3 DLC release dates? Everyone’s asking that question and so far Activision have only confirmed the four action-packed DLC Map Packs in the Call of Duty: Black Ops 3 Season Pass will be “content available in 2016”, after the November 6th 2015 worldwide release of the main game. BUT based on previous years — which we got 100% correct *humblebrag* — we will show you the expected release date for each DLC in the list below!
Here’s the list of tentative DLC release dates per platform for each Map Pack:
• DLC Map Pack #1 Release Date on PS4: Tuesday, February 2nd 2016. [Awakening Guide]
• DLC Map Pack #1 Release Date on Xbox One & PC: Thursday, March 3rd 2016.
• DLC Map Pack #2 Release Date on PS4: Tuesday, April 19th 2016. [Eclipse Guide]
• DLC Map Pack #2 Release Date on Xbox One & PC: Thursday, May 19th 2016.
• DLC Map Pack #3 Release Date on PS4: Tuesday, July 12th 2016. [Descent Guide]
• DLC Map Pack #3 Release Date on Xbox One & PC: Thursday, August 11th 2016.
• DLC Map Pack #4 Release Date on PS4: Tuesday, September 6th 2016. [Salvation Guide]
• DLC Map Pack #4 Release Date on Xbox One & PC: Thursday, October 6th 2016.
Take a first look at Salvation’s Revelations, from the 4th DLC pack for Call of Duty: Black Ops 3:
Call of Duty: Black Ops 3 DLC Release Dates
For the first time in many years the Black Ops 3 DLC will be a timed PlayStation 4 exclusive for the first month. That means the Xbox One and PC releases will follow the next month. – Sorry everyone on Xbox, this year Sony was willing to pay more than Microsoft for the month early release of the DLC maps.
Note: The above release dates are not final and subject to delays. We will update this page if the dates change (seems to be 1 week later than previous years). We’ll find out more about each Map Pack when we get closer to the first DLC pack’s launch.
The 4 DLC Packs are titled:
– Pack #1: Awakening — Includes four Multiplayer maps: Skyjacked (a re-imagining of “Hijacked” from Black Ops 2), Gauntlet, Splash, and Rise. Also included is the Zombies experience Episode 4: Der Eisendrache, the first chapter in an epic time-traversing odyssey.
Call of Duty: Black Ops III’s epic Zombies DLC season begins here. In “Der Eisendrache”, Origins characters Richtofen, Nikolai, Takeo, and Dempsey embark on a suicide mission to an enemy research facility built upon an archaic site of unspeakable horror. Massive deposits of Element 115 have recently been discovered, delivering inspired new gameplay and — in Zombies tradition — a variety of plot twists and surprises to discover at every turn.
Take a behind-the-scenes look at Awakening, the first DLC pack for Call of Duty: Black Ops 3:
– Pack #2: Eclipse — Includes four new multiplayer maps: Verge (a re-imagining of “Banzai” from Call of Duty: World at War), Rift, Spire, and Knockout. Also included is Treyarch’s latest chapter in the Black Ops III Zombies adventure, called Zetsubou No Shima, that immerses players in an undead World War II Pacific theatre.
Call of Duty: Black Ops III’s Zombies saga continues on the forsaken island of “Zetsubou No Shima”. Follow Origins heroes Dempsey, Nikolai, Richtofen, and Takeo as they explore a secret biological research lab where experiments with Element 115 have created horrors beyond belief. Experience terrifying new enemies, more devastating traps, and classic Zombies side quests to dive deeper into the Origins storyline.
Take a look at Eclipse’s zombies map, part of the second DLC pack for Call of Duty: Black Ops 3:
– Pack #3: Descent — Includes four new multiplayer maps — Berserk, Cryogen, Rumble and Empire — and Gorod Krovi, Treyarch’s newest chapter in the Black Ops III Zombies saga. Descent is available first on PlayStation 4 on 12th July 2016.
After escaping the swamps of Zetsubou No Shima, the Origins characters are hurled into an alternate, war-torn Stalingrad riddled with Element 115. Our heroes will face their most dangerous enemies yet among the remnants of a battle between giant mechanised soldiers and ferocious dragons controlled by Group 935. That’s right. Dragons.
Take a behind-the-scenes look at Descent, the third DLC pack for Call of Duty: Black Ops 3:
– Pack #4: Salvation — Includes four new multiplayer maps — Outlaw, Citadel, Rupture, and Micro — and Revelations, the thrilling climax of Treyarch’s Origins Zombies saga that has been eight years in the making. Salvation is available first on PlayStation 4 on September 6th, 2016.
In their epic journey through space and time, Richtofen, Dempsey, Takeo, and Nikolai come face to face with the mysterious Dr. Monty in The House.
Take a look at the fourth DLC pack for Call of Duty: Black Ops 3 at the top of this page.
As for the Map Packs, Activision promises that the Call of Duty: Black Ops 3 Season Pass will “give you access to four exciting DLC packs.” And more importantly they are “including re-imagined fan-favorite maps from Call of Duty: World at War and the Call of Duty: Black Ops series, plus thrilling Treyarch Zombies content, all for one great price.
Fans that order the Season Pass will be among the first to experience the return of Zombies with “The Giant” Map in all of its undead glory on Day One. Set in a World War II-era research facility featuring the weapon-upgrading Pack-a-Punch Machine, re-live the chaos of Treyarch’s classic “Der Riese” Zombies map, picking up the Zombies story with Dempsey, Nikolai, Richtofen, and Takeo where Origins left off.
Season Pass and “The Giant” Zombies bonus map are not available on Xbox 360 and PS3.” That last bit of news is pretty shocking! 😮
Aside from the Season Pass being available separately, the Digital Deluxe Edition and the Juggernog Edition will also come with the Season Pass, which unlocks access to the four forthcoming DLC multiplayer map packs (in-game) on the day they launch for your system of choice.
They also point out that if you buy one of these Collector’s Edition with the Season Pass included, that you should not also buy the standalone map packs, since you will be charged for them; No sense in paying for them twice when they are available in-game for “free” with the Season Pass.
Each Map Pack comes with 4 multiplayer maps of its own, and early access to bonus DLC weapons!
Once available, you can download the downloadable content from the in-game store if you have the Season Pass already. These content drops happen around every two months on the system of your choice.
Call of Duty: Black Ops 3 Season Pass holders will get all four DLC’s as part of the $50 / €50 / £35 package, which you can get during the 8 months in 2016 before the final DLC pack comes out. Otherwise, you’ll have to buy each DLC separately at a slightly higher price per DLC ($10 more total), since each one individually will set you back $15. The $10 discount is based on the Season Pass suggested retail price of $49.99 USD.
The first multiplayer gameplay video: Watch the Black Ops 3 multiplayer gameplay reveal, in which you will learn about new gameplay features and hear from the developers at Treyarch.
Call of Duty: Black Ops 3 expands the possibilities of Call of Duty Multiplayer. The new movement system allows players to fluidly chain movements together while playing in maps that have been designed from the ground-up to push strong head-to-head action. Choose to play as one of nine new Specialists, each with their own look, personality, abilities, and level progression system. Finally, equip up to five attachments and an optic while customizing nearly every aspect of your loadout with the new Gunsmith, then tap the power of the Weapon Paintshop to give your weapon a signature look.
(PS3 and Xbox 360 platform version features and performance may vary compared to other platform versions.)
As always, Call of Duty: Black Ops III game required to use the DLC content, sold separately.