What are the top 10 bestselling video games in America, Japan and Europe this week? Thanks to Amazon online sales data here are the video games that are the hottest worldwide right now.
What follows is a listing of the Top 10 bestsellers per region, for all systems combined.
North America’s Top 10 Games:
1. The Last of Us Remastered (PS4)
2. Mario Kart 8 (Wii U)
3. God of War: Ascension (PS3)
4. Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance (PS3)
5. Assassin’s Creed IV: Black Flag (Xbox 360)
6. Minecraft: Xbox 360 Edition (Xbox 360)
7. Call of Duty: Ghosts (Xbox 360)
8. Grand Theft Auto V (Xbox 360)
9. Pokemon Y (3DS)
10. Call of Duty: Ghosts (Xbox One)
Winner of over 200 Game of the Year awards on PlayStation 3, The Last of Us has been rebuilt for the PlayStation 4 console. Now featuring full 1080p, higher resolution character models, improved shadows and lighting, in addition to several other gameplay improvements.
Sales-wise, the PS3 original has sold over 7 million copies worldwide. Expect this title to do well on PS4 during the annual summer games drought.
Watch The Last of Us Remastered TV spot:
Japan’s Top 10 Games:
1. Yo-Kai Watch 2: Honke – Includes Limited Trading Card (3DS)
2. Yo-Kai Watch 2: Ganzo – Includes Limited Trading Card (3DS)
3. Monster Hunter 4 (3DS)
4. Ultra Street Fighter IV (PS3)
5. Yoshi’s New Island (3DS)
6. Yokai Watch (3DS)
7. Mario Kart 8 (Wii U)
8. Bravely Default: For the Sequel – Ultimate Hits (3DS)
9. Senran Kagura 2: Deep Crimson – Niu input DX Pack (3DS)
10. Minecraft: PlayStation 3 Edition – North American Version (PS3)
The Nintendo 3DS game sequel came out two weeks ago in a Pokemon-like dual-release that’s topping the charts with 1.28 million sales in its first 4 days! The manga / game / anime franchise Yokai Watch was created by game developer Level-5 to great success, there’s even a movie coming out at the end of 2014!
In other news, the original Yokai Watch — which sold over 1 million copies in Japan so far — was confirmed to be coming to America as “Yo-Kai Watch”, so here’s hoping for a worldwide release.
See the brand new Yokai Watch 2 TV commercial:
And here’s the Yokai Watch 2 dance video:
Europe’s Top 10 Games:
1. The Last of Us Remastered (PS4)
2. The Last Of Us (PS3)
3. Tomodachi Life (Nintendo 3DS)
4. Minecraft: Xbox 360 Edition (Xbox 360)
5. Grand Theft Auto V (Xbox 360)
6. FIFA 14 (Xbox 360)
7. Minecraft: Playstation 3 Edition (PS3)
8. The Last Of Us Remastered – Day 1 Edition (PS4)
9. Grand Theft Auto V (PS3)
10. PlayStation 4 Console with The Last of Us Remastered Edition Bundle (PS4)
After last summer Animal Crossing: New Leaf was a hit on the portable 3DS, this year Tomodachi Life’s sim world takes the portable crown.
Tomodachi Life is Japanese for Friends Life. Nintendo has kept the 3DS exclusive life simulator game every bit as wacky as its Japanese original and it shows… “All hail the Virtual Boy!” is an ode in the game from Nintendo of Japan’s Shigeru Miyamoto & Nintendo of America President Reggie Films-Aime to the 3DS’s 3D forefather, the Virtual Boy system. A special treat for fans of both 3D systems like me.
Watch the funny & weird Tomodachi Life reveal video here:
Worldwide Top Games Per System:
- The Last of Us Remastered debuts at #1 on the PS4 chart.
- Mario Kart 8 finishes on first place on the Wii U chart.
- God of War: Ascension returns on the PS3 chart.
- Assassin’s Creed IV: Black Flag shot to the peak of the Xbox 360 chart.
- Pokemon Y stays on top of the 3DS chart.
- Call of Duty: Ghosts is 1st on the Xbox One chart.
- Mario Kart Wii returns to first place on the Wii chart (Still Top 100 Rank #58 after 6 years).
- Pokemon Black & White Version 2 catches the #1 spot on the DS chart.
- Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn returns on the PC chart.
- Persona 4 Golden returns to number 1 on the PS Vita chart.
- Lastly, The Sims 3: Island Paradise Expansion Pack returns on the Mac chart.