Telltale Games, Gearbox Software and 2K announced Tales from the Borderlands as an episodic game series premiering in 2014. The tentative Tales from the Borderlands release date of Summer 2014! The first episode of the graphic adventure game series is expected to arrive in the last week of November 2014. — This page will be updated when the exact date is confirmed.
Here are the official Episode 1 release dates for all platforms:
• Here’s our full “Tales from the Borderlands Walkthrough“.
• Tuesday, November 25 – PC/Mac worldwide, PlayStation 3 & 4 in North America.
• Wednesday, November 26 – Xbox 360 & Xbox One worldwide, PlayStation 3 & 4 in Europe. (Xbox 360 version may get delayed until December 3)
• Near-Future – PS Vita & other Mobile versions will be confirmed later.
This all-new story-driven episodic game series based in the Borderlands franchise is scheduled to premiere digitally on home consoles, PC/Mac, and mobile devices. Specific platform details are yet to be announced, but the console launch will at the very least include: Xbox 360, PlayStation 3 & PlayStation Vita, much like Telltale’s other current episodic series. (But hopefully Xbox One, PlayStation 4 & Wii U as well.)
Tales from the Borderlands Release Date
Here’s the first Tales from the Borderlands trailer:
• Set on Pandora AFTER the events of Borderlands 2. Tales from the Borderlands will explore and expand on the Borderlands stories of existing and all-new characters from the world of Pandora. Handsome Jack is gone. Or is he?
• The loot you grab in Tales will be available to use in other areas of the Borderlands franchise.
• It’s an episodic series that’ll be $4.99 per episode (or you can save with the Season Pass).
• Your choices matter and will help create YOUR version of the story across the season. The story is told from two unique perspectives that will alternate as the story progresses.
• You’re going to play two different viewpoints. Rhys works for Hyperion; he’s a company man (a scheming, low-level data-miner within Hyperion) with grand ambitions that have been thrown off the rails. Fiona is a fast-talking con artist, with very few people left on Pandora she hasn’t swindled one way or another.
• They both have a very different opinion of the events that brought them together, and the only way to find out something near to the truth is to live their lives and make your own decisions.
• While they themselves aren’t vault hunters, both Rhys and Fiona will also come across vault hunters such as Zer0 and other characters from the world of Borderlands 2 throughout the series (such as Marcus Kincaid and Shade), as all events in Tales from the Borderlands will be part of the official Borderlands story canon.
To quote Dan Connors, co-founder and CEO of Telltale Games: “Gearbox shares the independent spirit that Telltale was founded on, and like Telltale, they’ve broken the boundaries of what to expect within a gaming genre. Our partnership is something that we are very excited about, because it will unite the incredibly rich world of Borderlands with Telltale’s focus on story-telling driven by player choice, and characters that people truly care about.”
To quote Randy Pitchford, President of Gearbox Software: “At the 2012 Spike TV VGAs, our studios and games – Borderlands 2 and The Walking Dead – were fortunate to do incredibly well that night winning more awards than any other games! So we met up later for a great first date, one thing lead to another and, well, we’re having a baby. Borderlands is incredibly important to us, so it is meaningful to share that with this partnership. I have great confidence and excitement for what Telltale has in store for its all-new adventures in our universe.”
Developed by Gearbox Software, and published by 2K – a publishing label of Take-Two Interactive Software, Inc. – the Borderlands franchise has sold-in more than 15 million units worldwide, won more than 55 editorial awards, and was a breakout original property that invented a new genre, the FPS/RPG hybrid known as “shooter-looter.”
Hearsay: It’s being said that there will be 5 episodes in total, and you can expect a new episode roughly every 5-8 weeks. Episode 1 may not arrive until after The Walking Dead: Season 2 and The Wolf Among Us have ended, but because those have encountered severe delays, that could mean Tales from the Borderlands won’t arrive until October-November 2014. :/
Tales from the Borderlands: A Young Handsome Jack or his brother?
Here’s a trailer analysis:
Are you excited to get Tales from the Borderlands on its release date?
Other Telltale Games Series Release Dates:
• The Walking Dead Game: Season 3 Release Date;
• The Wolf Among Us Season 2 Release Date;
• Game of Thrones: A Telltale Games Series Release Date.