Infinity Ward’s latest Call of Duty: Ghosts website update has revealed the first details for the 2nd Call of Duty: Ghosts DLC, called Call of Duty Ghosts: Devastation. The Map Pack 2 DLC has been given a release date of April 3rd, 2014 on Xbox 360 & Xbox One first as a timed exclusive. It’s exclusive for about one month, after which the DLC add-on will come to PS3, PS4 and Windows PC (and possibly Wii U) on May 8th, 2014.
The Call of Duty: Ghosts Devastation DLC Pack includes:
• Four new small to medium-sized multiplayer maps: A mountaintop Mayan temple “Ruins“, a mangled container ship “titled Collision“, a giant excavation digger in South America titled “Behemoth“, and a fully re-imagined version of Infinity Ward’s fan-favorite map “Dome” from Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 now titled “Unearthed” — each map comes with their own unique Field Order.
• Bonus weapon: The all-new “Ripper” tactical 2-in-1 weapon. — Season Pass owners get instant access to Devastation’s all-new “Ripper” weapon, which features the unique ability to quickly convert from Sub Machine-Gun (SMG) to Assault Rifle and back again in the midst of battle, and can be used in all Call of Duty: Ghosts multiplayer maps.
• “Extinction Episode 2: Mayday“: The gripping second chapter in Extinction’s four-part episodic narrative which includes multiple mod-able versions of the Venom-X weapon, and closes with a battle against a monstrous, 100-foot tall Cryptid alien boss, aptly named the Kraken.
Call of Duty Ghosts: Devastation Season Pass holders will get the second of four DLC’s as part of the $50 package, which you can still get. Otherwise, you’ll have to buy each DLC separately at a slightly higher price per DLC ($10 more total), since each one will set you back 1200 Microsoft Points or $15.
Here is the official trailer for the Call of Duty: Ghosts Season Pass DLC:
Here is the official press release with further details about each map:
Devastation delivers four distinctive new maps with the fast-paced gameplay Call of Duty fans love, each with their own surprises. The first map, “Ruins,” is located on a Mexican peninsula and set amidst the remnants of a mountaintop Mayan temple, with multiple levels providing verticality for longer-range weapons, and underground pathways perfect for close-quarters encounters. Savvy players that find and complete the unique Field Order will be able to trigger the map’s volcano to erupt, and enjoy watching enemy players attempt to take cover as fiery debris fall from the sky.
The map “Collision,” is a mangle of debris scattered atop a container ship pinned underneath a crippled bridge in New York. This small map is ideal for run-and-gun tactics. Players that dominate “Collision” and complete the map’s specific Field Order will be able take control of a heavily armed aircraft and rain down destruction from above.
“Behemoth” takes the battle aboard a massive excavation platform in South America. Long sight lines open this map up to longer-range weapons, while the compact interiors of the control rooms are ideal for SMG’s and Shotguns. Completing “Behemoth’s” Field Order will allow players to control an attack helicopter armed with a deadly, armor-piercing Rail Gun as it circles the excavator searching for enemy combatants.
Devastation’s fourth map, “Unearthed,” drops players into a reimagined version of “Dome,” the fan-favorite multiplayer map from Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3. With a new look and all-new secrets, “Unearthed” is a compact map for all player types, who must navigate an alien artifact dig site in order to unlock the map’s Field Order and unleash the power of the Cryptids, as well as locate the map’s secret alien weapon.
Call of Duty: Ghosts Devastation also arms players with the “Ripper” – a new, tactical 2-in-1 SMG/Assault Rifle that can be used in all of Ghosts’ multiplayer maps. The “Ripper” is a highly unique weapon because of its ability to quickly switch back and forth from SMG to Assault Rifle on the fly. A deadly addition to Ghosts’ arsenal, the “Ripper” is the ideal companion across a variety of map types and tactics, providing players unprecedented flexibility with medium to short-range capability as an SMG, and medium to long-range as an Assault Rifle.
“Extinction: Episode 2 – Mayday” highlights the Call of Duty: Ghosts Devastation DLC Pack. Following the dramatic events that took place deep within the Alaskan wilderness at the Nightfall Program research facility, the Quick Reaction Force team now heads onboard a mysterious Chinese research vessel drifting abandoned in the Tasman Sea in the South Pacific Ocean. Players will uncover a much deeper conspiracy as they pursue Captain Archer and discover what has become of Doctor Cross. Armed with multiple mod-able versions of the Venom-X weapon powered with Cryptid technology, players will come up against yet another new alien species referred to as the “Seeder,” as well as go head-to-head with a massive, 100-foot tall Cryptid enemy from the depths of the ocean…the “Kraken.”
“The Devastation DLC Pack continues the fast-paced, fun and imaginative gameplay that Infinity Ward and Neversoft began with Onslaught,” said Daniel Suarez, Vice President of Production, Activision Publishing, Inc. “Ghosts’ DLC is much more than just new multiplayer maps. The teams have added new weapons; the next intense continuation in Extinction’s four-part, episodic narrative; and another epic, action film character soon to be revealed. Devastation, like Onslaught before it, is a ton of fun, and we can’t wait for the community to experience it all.”
Are you excited for the Call of Duty Ghosts: Devastation DLC?
Other Call of Duty: Ghosts Devastation Pages:
- Call of Duty: Ghosts Devastation Mayday Guide
- Call of Duty: Ghosts Devastation Easter Eggs
- Call of Duty: Ghosts Devastation Weapons Guide
- Call of Duty: Ghosts Devastation Walkthrough
- Call of Duty: Ghosts Devastation Intel Locations Guide
- Call of Duty: Ghosts Devastation Achievements Guide
- Call of Duty: Ghosts Devastation Trophies Guide
- Call of Duty: Ghosts Devastation Mayday Completionist Guide
- Call of Duty: Ghosts Devastation Cheats
- Call of Duty: Ghosts Devastation Glitches