Welcome to the Metal Gear Solid 5: Ground Zeroes Cassette Tapes locations guide that helps you find the total of 12 (Chico) Cassette Tapes locations in total on the PS4, PS3, Xbox One & Xbox 360 action-adventure stealth game.
Finding all Cassette Tape locations and picking them up will help unlock the following Achievement / Trophy:
* “Information” (50 Gamerscore / Bronze Trophy) — Obtained all cassette tapes.
* Bonus: By listening to all the tapes you get the game’s full backstory.
The Timeline for all these in-game Cassette Tapes locations is listed below.
Index of Metal Gear Solid 5: Ground Zeroes Guides:
- This Page: Metal Gear Solid 5: Ground Zeroes Cassette Tapes Locations Guide
- Next Page: Metal Gear Solid 5: Ground Zeroes XOF Patches Locations Guide
- Next Page: Metal Gear Solid 5: Ground Zeroes Walkthrough
- Next Page: Metal Gear Solid 5: Ground Zeroes Side Ops & Extra Ops Guide
- Next Page: Metal Gear Solid 5: Ground Zeroes Cheats
- Next Page: Metal Gear Solid 5: Ground Zeroes Trophies Guide
- Next Page: Metal Gear Solid 5: Ground Zeroes Achievements Guide
- Next Page: Metal Gear Solid 5: Ground Zeroes Collectibles
- Next Page: Metal Gear Solid 5: Ground Zeroes Tips and Tricks
- Next Page: Metal Gear Solid 5: Ground Zeroes Easter Eggs
Metal Gear Solid 5: Ground Zeroes Cassette Tapes
How to find missing Cassette Tapes?: All of the Cassette Tapes are scattered across the “Ground Zeroes” mission and “Eliminate the Renegade Threat” Side Ops. So you’ll first have to complete the main mission to get access to the side mission.
Tip: To listen to the Cassette Tapes, from the main menu go to “Cassette Tapes” and select “Listen To Tapes”.
Alternatively, you can download the free Metal Gear Solid V: Ground Zeroes iDROID app, since that allows you to use the game’s unique second-screen elements. The app’s Cassette Tapes Mode allows you to use found cassettes on a to your game console linked iOS, Android or Smart Glass system.
Does the game save each Cassette Tapes you collect?: No, your collectibles progress isn’t automatically saved. After picking up a collectible you need to reach the next checkpoint to save the progress. If you die before saving the game, you will have to collect it again.
Where to find all 12 Cassette Tapes in Metal Gear Solid 5: Ground Zeroes? The in-game collectibles locations for the Cassette Tapes will be described in this guide.
Timeline in minutes for the Cassette Tapes Locations Guide:
[0:20] – Chico’s Tape 5
[1:09] – Chico’s Tape 2
[2:16] – Metal Gear Solid V: Ground Zeroes (Music Tape) — During Ground Zeroes Mission: In the cell behind Chico.
[3:01] – Chico’s Tape 3
[3:36] – Chico’s Tape 4
[4:01] – Chico’s Tape 6
[5:02] – Chico’s Tape 1
[5:12] – Agent’s Recording
[6:10] – Classified Intel Data
[8:09] – Chico’s Tape 7
[8:19] – Jamais Vu / Deja Vu Tape
[8:59] – Zone of the Enders: The 2nd Runner Song
Descriptions for the Cassette Tapes Locations Guide:
Main Mission: “Ground Zeroes” Locations:
• Chico’s Cassette Tape Location #1: You get it from Chico when you first meet him.
• Chico’s Cassette Tape Location #2: The tall watch tower in the admin building has a tape on the desk.
• Chico’s Cassette Tape Location #3: You get it from Chico when you put him down and a cutscene happens.
• Chico’s Cassette Tape Location #4: The hostage appears in the refugee camp after you rescue Chico, go there right after or it’ll be too late. When you rescue the soon to be executed hostage (for the “Rescue” trophy/achievement) after the mission he will give you tape number 4. — To get there go to the top of a guard tower in the admin area and move across a giant walkway.
• Chico’s Cassette Tape Location #5: If you’re busy was downing every guard in the level, you’ll of course never get Chico, instead you can go to Paz’s cage first and 6 guards will be there talking about a cassette tape they threw away in the trash. Miller marks the location for you on the map (north of the powerstation with the switch), it’s in an alley inside the admin complex (on the left of the stairs leading to Paz), you should see two garbage cans around the stairs to the back corner, its on top of one of them. — Note: If the cassette tape isn’t there, it only appears if you go to rescue Paz first, thus triggering the guards chat about the tape.
Important: There’s a 6th Cassette Tape in this main mission, but because it’s not a Chico Tape, so to not mess up the order we’ve listed it on location spot #8 below.
Side Ops: “Eliminate the Renegade Threat” Locations:
• Chico’s Cassette Tape Location #6: It’s in an armory. Look for the ammunition building in the south. It’s actually close to where you get dropped off to start the “Ground Zeroes” main mission. The Tape will be on the ground in the back left corner. — This video guide shows where exactly to find it:
Side Ops: “Destroy the Anti-Air Emplacements” Locations:
• Chico’s Cassette Tape Location #7: It can be obtained as a mission reward for clearing the “Destroy the Anti-Air Emplacements” Side Ops, if you rescue all POW’s and the one MSF agent from the cell where Paz was located. — This video guide shows how to clear the Side Ops mission with an S-Rank:
Main Mission: “Ground Zeroes” Additional Location:
• Cassette Tape [Metal Gear Solid V: Ground Zeroes] #8 Location: When you go get Chico check he cage directly behind him. It has the [Metal Gear Solid V: Ground Zeroes] music tape with the song “Here’s To You” on it.
Side Op: “Classified Intel Acquisition” Locations:
• Cassette Tape Location #9 & #10: There’s two more you get from the “Classified Intel Acquisition” Side Op you go to the guy, question him (or just go straight to the watch tower) and shoot the camera, then take the tape, then go back and question him again, then he’ll tell you there’s some shaved head guard that took the real tape from him. Then go to that guy, hold him up or whatever, and it will pop off of him and pick it up, so technically there are two cassette tapes from that one mission the first one (the fake one) is called “Agent’s Recording” and the real one you get from holding up the white bald guy (with a shaved head as they say in the game) is called “Classified Intel Data”.
Extra Op: “Deja Vu” or “Jamais Vu” Locations:
• Cassette Tape Location #12: There’s an additional music tape in the “Déjà Vu” mission, it’s located on the beach. — The below video guide shows how to clear the Extra Ops mission with an S-Rank and the tape.
Note: Since “Deja Vu” is the PlayStation-exclusive mission you unlock for collecting all XOF Patches, it seems likely that if you’re playing on Xbox that the Xbox-exclusive “Jamais Vu” mission also includes a tape.
• Cassette Tape [Zone of the Enders: The 2nd Runner] #12 Location: It unlocks as a reward for completing all missions on Hard difficulty mode with an A- or S-Rank.
Listen to all of the “Pre-mission Brief” & “Paz’s Spy Log” audio Cassette Tapes:
Listen to all of the “Paz’s Diary” audio Cassette Tapes:
Please comment if you have any additional Metal Gear Solid 5: Ground Zeroes Cassette Tapes location tips of your own, we’ll give you credit for it. – Thanks for visiting!