Looking for Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze cheats on Wii U? Here we’ll list Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze cheat codes, extra lives cheats, cheats invincibility, and other unlockables with tips for Nintendo’s new platformer game.
Take a look at the cheats below…
Index of Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze Guides:
- This Page: Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze Cheats
- Next Page: Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze KONG Letters Locations Guide
- Next Page: Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze Puzzle Pieces Locations Guide
- Next Page: Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze Walkthrough
- Next Page: Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze Secret Exits
- Next Page: Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze Easter Eggs
- Next Page: Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze Collectibles
Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze Cheats
How To Unlock Hard Mode
How To Unlock Hard Mode: Clear the game once to unlock this extra difficulty. With only one heart and no partner characters to back you up, can you still come out as top banana?
Extra Lives Cheats
How To Get Infinite Lives: Red Balloons give you an extra life, bag one of these balloons to increase your life count by one each time. For starters, in “Level 1-1: Mangrove Cove” don’t walk right to start the level, instead turn around and go back to the crashed airplane fuselage and enter it to get your first extra life immediately. — Keep reading to find out about all the secrets this first level has to offer.
How To Get Extra Lives Cheats: Called “Kong Pow”, if you collect 100 bananas in a level to fill your Kong POW meter, then activate Kong POW to turn all onscreen enemies into helpful items. Different partner characters give different items, so find your favorite!
How to activate a high-five moment that turns all on-screen enemies into extra lives? You need to have Diddy Kong as your partner character to turn the enemies into Red Balloons that you can pick up. After collecting 100 bananas, the Kong POW on-screen indicator will urge you to press both the right and left shoulder buttons on your Wii U GamePad controller at the same time (or press the C button if you’re using the Wiimote & Nunchuck), this will activate the extra lives cheat.
For example: In “Level 1-1: Mangrove Cove” you’ll be able to do it right after the section with the underground piggies bar who throw lots of bananas at you, after that go back up and trigger the cheat in the next area with the 3 enemies to get 3 extra lives. — All-in-all you’ll be able to get between 10-20 extra lives in the very first level of the game alone! Repeat it to essentially get infinite lives. Now you know where to go in case you need it!
Extra Powerups Cheats
Bring extra items / powerups with you into a level by filling up your Inventory before you start a level by visiting Funky Kong’s shop “Funky’s Fly ‘n’ Buy” to buy them from him, in exchange for golden Banana Coins that you find throughout the levels. And then selecting the cheat items you bought at the “Inventory” screen before you begin a level on the “Play Level” screen, to take them into the level with you for activation when you need it the most. Kind of like how you can in the New Super Mario games.
Here’s a list of all items you can bring with you into each level:
• Green Balloon: “Saves you from falling most of the time.” — Blunder into a pitfall and this helium-filled helper will lift you back to safety.
• Blue Balloon: “Refills your air meter.” — Full of precious air, burst this underwater to refill your air meter instantly.
• Crash Guard: “Protects vehicles from damage.” — Bolt this onto your Rocket Barrel or Mine Cart and it’ll be able to take a little extra damage.
• Squawks: “Helps you find puzzle pieces.” — This chatterbox can’t keep his beak shut when Puzzle Pieces are close by.
• Banana Juice: “Makes you temporarily invincible.” — Glug this potassium-packed potion for a period of temporary invincibility!
• Heart Boost: “Adds one extra heart for the level.” — Plump for this helpful heart and your Kong can take an extra hit in the current level.
• Portable Barrels: “Automatically gives you the selected barrel’s character.” — Pick your partner character (Diddy Kong, Dixie Kong or Cranky Kong), then smash the barrel to instantly bring them to your side.
See all items for sale in Funky Kong’s shop in this video:
Cranky Kong Invincibility
Cranky Kong with his pogo-cane jump doesn’t get hurt if you use his cane to jump across hazardous areas with (for example) lots of spikes on the ground that would normally kill Donkey Kong or any other Kong if they fell into it. — Use Cranky’s special ability in combination with a “Banana Juice” cheat activation from your Inventory to really become an invincible force to be reckoned with!
Easier Boss Fights
Here’s a handy boss preparation cheat for easier boss fights!
Go into the boss level with an extra barrels as usual. After the intro, roll quickly toward the given barrel and break it open before your inventory barrel gets used, and then you’ll have four characters to bring in the fray! It’s not easy to do, but if you time it right it will work. – Thanks for the tip to Jonathan T.
Until more Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze cheats are discovered on Wii U, we’ve made the handy Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze guides listed above to help you with tips and tricks for the game!
Do you know of any Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze cheats or unlockables?
Let us know in the comments, you’ll get credit for finding out. – Thanks for visiting!