Our 100% The Lego Movie Videogame walkthrough will guide you through the beginning to ending moments of gameplay with strategy tips for this action-adventure on the PS3, Xbox 360, Wii U, PC, Xbox One & PS4. The game’s also available on PS Vita & 3DS.
In a scenario drawn from the film, The LEGO Movie Videogame puts LEGO kids into the role of Emmet, an ordinary, rules-following, perfectly average LEGO minifigure who is mistakenly identified as the most extraordinary person and the key to saving the world. Players guide him as he is drafted into a fellowship of strangers on an epic quest to stop an evil tyrant, a journey for which Emmet is hopelessly and hilariously underprepared.
Let’s start The Lego Movie Videogame walkthrough with a story introduction video!
Lego Marvel Super Heroes is rated PEGI 7 in Europe & ESRB E10+ in America for everyone 7 to 10 years or older. This game includes Cartoon Violence, Comic Mischief.
If you need help anywhere, check the FAQ section, or please leave a comment below!
Table of Contents
- Prologue: The Prophecy
- Level 1: Bricksburg Construction
- Level 2: Escape From Bricksburg
- Level 3: Flatbush Gulch
- Level 4: Flatbush Rooftops
- Level 5: Escape From Flatbush
- Level 6: Welcome to Cloud Cuckoo Land
- Level 7: Attack On Cloud Cuckoo Land
- Level 8: Escape From Cloud Cuckoo Land
- Level 9: The Depths
- Level 10: Infiltrate The Octan Tower
- Level 11: Put The Thing On The Thing
- Level 12: Broadcast News
- Level 13: Back From Reality
- Level 14: Bricksburg Under Attack
- Level 15: The Final Showdown & Ending
- Free Roaming: The Old West Hub Area
- Free Roaming: Bricksburg Hub Area
- Free Roaming: Cloud Cuckoo Land Hub Area
- Free Roaming: The Bonus Room Hub Area
Index of The Lego Movie Videogame Guides:
- This Page: The Lego Movie Videogame Walkthrough
- Next Page: How To Unlock All The Lego Movie Videogame Characters
- Next Page: The Lego Movie Videogame Red Bricks Locations Guide
- Next Page: The Lego Movie Videogame Cheats
- Next Page: The Lego Movie Videogame Money Cheats
- Next Page: The Lego Movie Videogame Gold Bricks Locations Guide
- Next Page: The Lego Movie Videogame Pants Locations Guide
- Next Page: The Lego Movie Videogame Gold Instruction Pages Locations Guide
- Next Page: The Lego Movie Videogame Collectibles
- Next Page: The Lego Movie Videogame Easter Eggs
- Next Page: How To Unlock All The Lego Movie Videogame Vehicles
- Next Page: The Lego Movie Videogame Bonus Level
- Next Page: The Lego Movie Videogame Glitches
- Next Page: The Lego Movie Videogame Achievements Guide
- Next Page: The Lego Movie Videogame Trophies Guide
The Lego Movie Videogame Walkthrough
Based on the humorous and action-packed events from the film, The LEGO Movie Videogame puts players in control of Emmet, an ordinary LEGO minifigure mistakenly thought to be “The Special” — a character prophesized to save the world from an evil LEGO tyrant. Throughout the game, players can harness the awesome power of the Master Builders to construct new extraordinary LEGO creations. Much like the new toy collection of “The LEGO Movie” building sets.
Using the abilities of more than 90 characters inspired by the film, which include an unlikely cast from some of the world’s most beloved and well-knowing properties, including DC Comics Super Heroes like Superman, Batman and Wonder Woman, family members of all ages will navigate 15 exciting levels in the console version and 45 action-packed missions in the handheld version. With unexpected moments and twists at every level, gamers will build their way through a uniquely LEGO adventure on their ultimate mission to bring creativity to their LEGO world.
The LEGO Movie Videogame by Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment, TT Games and The LEGO Group, is being released alongside the highly anticipated “The LEGO Movie,” from Warner Bros. Pictures, Village Roadshow Pictures and LEGO System A/S, takes players on an awesome adventure through fantastical LEGO worlds, including Bricksburg, Cloud Cuckoo Land and the Wild West of Flatbush Gulch. And for the first time ever in a LEGO game, all environments are made entirely of digital LEGO bricks.
Among the playable characters in the game are fan-favorites from the film like Emmet, voiced by Chris Pratt; Vitruvius, voiced by Morgan Freeman; Wyldstyle, voiced by Elizabeth Banks; Batman, voiced by Will Arnett; and Lord Business, voiced by Will Ferrell.
More about the game.
Tom Stone, Managing Director at TT Games Publishing, had this to say about the game: “We challenged ourselves to introduce a new element never-before-seen in any LEGO game and did that with environments made entirely out of LEGO bricks, giving players more authentic opportunities to interact with the world around them. This is a chance for every LEGO builder to collect LEGO instruction pages and harness the powers of the Master Builders.” He added that: “We’re thrilled to be able to give kids the joy of reliving Emmet’s adventures in becoming virtual Master Builders with The LEGO Movie Videogame. Players will be taking on the ultimate mission to save the LEGO world and use their virtual building prowess to build unimaginable sets and creations.”
Step into a LEGO game unlike any other and become a true Master Builder! Enter the most fantastical world of LEGO building where gamers can turn the ordinary into the extraordinary with an all-new and unique Digital Master Building Ability. — In The LEGO Movie Videogame players will be able to collect and use LEGO instruction pages to build construction sets or harness the awesome power of the Master Builders to virtually build extraordinary LEGO creations along the way. With more than 90 characters inspired by the film and 15 exciting levels, kids can build and adventure like never before.
Key Game Features:
- Enjoy a delightful and surprising mix of over 90 characters as seen from the film including Batman, Superman, the Green Ninja, Gandalf and more in 15 exciting levels.
- Smash more bricks in a fascinating environment made of LEGO bricks.
- Collect and use LEGO instruction pages to build in a new way.
- Journey through fantastical worlds like Flatbush Gulch, Cloud Cuckoo Land and more!
- Harness the awesome power of the Master Builders to virtually build extraordinary LEGO creations.
- Enjoy a brand new animation style as seen in the film that simulates the movement of actual LEGO toy sets.
- Play with friends and family using easy drop-in/drop-out co-op play that features dynamic split screen.
- Join Emmet as he goes from everyday LEGO citizen to the man charged with saving the world from an evil tyrant.
Question: How do you save the game?
Answer: The game will automatically save your progress once you reach the end of a level. If you want to save the game manually, you have to press the Start button get to the pause menu and from there you can exit the game, at which point the game should ask if you want to save and quit… say “Yes” to save.
Question: How to continue playing the story in the next level?
Answer: Whenever you’re in between levels in Story Mode — or after you resume playing the game the next day — you can follow the Green Stud Trail to continue the story in the next level.
Each level’s walkthrough video on this page also starts by showing where you should go from the Open World Hub Area (this is the starting area when you begin playing the game) to continue your story in the same or next level.
Question: Where in the game can you create custom characters?
Answer: In the “Cloud Cuckoo Land” hub area, at the puppy-faced building directly across the main plaza from the trans-hub portal; this is the same building you entered to begin the first level in this hub. — At the center of “Cloud Cuckoo Land” a rainbow bricks bridge must be built with Unikitty to reach the room. — Inside is the Master Builder council chamber, where you can customize up to eight characters (for the bottom row of the character select screen) in the same manner as previous LEGO games. – Thanks to Executor & IamtheDevil for the tip.
This video guide shows the in-game location of the character creator:
PS: Additionally, you can change your character’s clothes as well. Go right next to Emmet’s house outside, there’s a closet with rainbow lights on the sides and a blue legs icon at the top, where you can change your default pants to unlocked pants with special abilities.
Question: What do the creators of the game have to say about it?
Answer: TT Games producer Matt Ellison about the Lego Movie Videogame. Not only can we expect a game based on the Lego movie but there will also be a wide selection of toys available.
The Lego Movie Videogame puts Lego kids into the role of Emmet, an ordinary, rules-following, perfectly average Lego minifigure who is mistakenly identified as the most extraordinary person and the key to saving the world.
For an in-game impression of the game and your building abilities, find out what developer Luke has to show.
Question: How many playable characters are in the game?
Answer: There are more than 90 playable characters inspired by the film across the game’s 15 levels. That is, if you’re not counting the 8 downloadable content (DLC) characters revealed so far at the bottom of the character select screen. You can also customize your character in the game.
See more of the characters in action in this funny video clip.
Question: Your question?
This FAQ section is reserved to answer the most asked questions from the comments.
Welcome to our 100% complete The Lego Movie Videogame walkthrough!
Brian will be your guide with voice-over commentary tips who shows you around the game’s awesome levels. Although there isn’t much to say in the Prologue, since it’s mainly cutscenes from The Lego Movie.
Let’s have some family-friendly fun!
Join Emmet and an unlikely group of resistance fighters in their heroic quest to thwart Lord Business’ evil plans — a mission that Emmet is hopelessly and hilariously unprepared for. It’s a wild ride with a surprising mix of over 90 playable characters including Batman, Superman, Wonder Woman, the Green Ninja, Gandalf, Shakespeare, Cleopatra and more.
After the long-time-ago Prologue introduction, we immediately jump into present-day Lego City with Emmet.
“The Special” stud requirement in Level 1 is: 105,000 studs.
Story Mode Level Starting Tip: Whenever you’re in between levels in Story Mode, you can follow the Green Stud Trail to continue the story in the next level. (The walkthrough videos on this page also show where to go at the start.)
Free Play Mode Level Starting Tip: Once you’ve completed a level in Story Mode, and you’re back in the hub world town. There, look for Replay Points in each realm. (You can travel between realms at any time using Lego portals.) Replay Points indicate completed levels you can return to and play again in Free Play Mode.
Hint: Only Construction Workers can use Instruction Builds.
Wyldstyle comes to rescue Emmet and his Piece of Resistance, and together they must escape from Bricksburg.
“The Special” stud requirement in Level 2 is: 80,000 studs.
Lego Object Tips:
- Only turrets and characters with Laser abilities like FemBot & Superman can destroy or cut Gold Lego Objects. But be warned that lasers will hurt you if you touch them.
- Only explosives like those from MetalBeard’s missile cannons can destroy Silver Lego Objects.
- Emmet’s Pneumatic Drill can break Cracked Lego Objects (often white colored). You can find the Pneumatic Drill in the “Level 1: Bricksburg Construction” Equipment Shed. To activate and use it hold the following button on your controller: Square on PlayStation / X on Xbox / Y on Wii U.
- Only a Construction Worker’s Wrench like the one Emmet (Hard Hat) has can repair Broken Blue Lego Objects. To begin repairing, hold the following button on your controller: O on PlayStation / B Xbox / A on Wii U.
- Master Builders like William Shakespeare & Batman can use Master Build spots to create New Lego Objects.
- Only Unikitty & other Kitties can destroy or build with Rainbow Lego Objects.
- Only Vitruvius can use Blind Courage Objects in dangerous areas.
- Only Green Lantern can destroy or build with Green Lego Objects.
WOOOOO! The Wild West!
“The Special” stud requirement in Level 3 is: 110,000 studs.
Tip: Female characters can use pink and blue markers to jump to high places.
Note: Jump up into Zip Lines to slide down them.
We’re doing an awful lot of running from Bad Cop, this time we’re running on rooftops.
“The Special” stud requirement in Level 4 is: 210,000 studs.
Tip: Enemies with an antivirus icon can be hacked. Find a hacking terminal to control them.
Hint: While flying, to fly higher hold X on PlayStation / A on Xbox / B on Wii U, or to lower press O on PlayStation / B on Xbox / A on Wii U.
To land quickly tap the following button twice: O on PlayStation / B on Xbox / A on Wii U.
Let’s take the train out of Flatbush.
“The Special” stud requirement in Level 5 is: 48,000 studs.
Tip: Only characters with a staff like Vitruvius can perform Secret Knocks.
The Lego Movie Videogame Walkthrough continues on Page 2 with Level 6: Welcome to Cloud Cuckoo Land.
Tags: The Lego Movie Videogame