Our Broken Age walkthrough will guide you through the beginning to ending moments of gameplay with strategy tips for this point-and-click graphic adventure on the PC, Mac, Linux, PS4, PS Vita, iOS & Android.
Note: This is actually the Broken Age Act 1 Walkthrough. Act 1 will be available to the public on January 28th, and the Act 2 conclusion will arrive as a free update to the game on April 28th, 2015.
Let’s start the Broken Age walkthrough with an introduction video!
Table of Contents
Index of Broken Age Guides:
- This Page: Broken Age: Act 1 Walkthrough
- Next Page: Broken Age: Act 2 Walkthrough
- Next Page: Broken Age Cheats
- Next Page: Broken Age Achievements Guide
- Next Page: Broken Age Trophies Guide
Broken Age Walkthrough
The first graphic adventure by Tim Schafer in sixteen years, Broken Age began two years ago in a historic, record-breaking Kickstarter campaign. Now it’s here in all its beautiful, 2D, hand-painted glory, with an original orchestral soundtrack and an all-star vocal cast.
Broken Age is a timeless coming-of-age story of barfing trees and talking spoons. Vella Tartine and Shay Volta are two teenagers in strangely similar situations, but radically different worlds. The player can freely switch between their stories, helping them take control of their own lives, and dealing with the unexpected adventures that follow.
They said adventure games were dead, but then Broken Age punched its hand out of the grave and grabbed you by the wrist and you screamed just like in the end of Carrie except what you screamed was “I love adventure games so much!” And sorry I spoiled the end of Carrie.
Broken Age is a point-and-click adventure telling the stories of a young boy and girl leading parallel lives. The girl has been chosen by her village to be sacrificed to a terrible monster–but she decides to fight back. Meanwhile, a boy on a spaceship is living a solitary life under the care of a motherly computer, but he wants to break free to lead adventures and do good in the world. Adventures ensue.
Key Game Features:
- Original soundtrack, composed by Peter McConnell, recorded by the Melbourne Symphony Orchestra
- All-star voice cast, including Elijah Wood, Jack Black, Jennifer Hale, Wil Wheaton, and Pendleton Ward
- Dialog Trees!
- Some jokes. Unless you don’t think they’re funny, in which case we totally weren’t trying to be funny.
- A whole bunch of awesome PUZZLES
- This one really hard puzzle that you won’t get but you’ll look it up online and not tell anybody
- All your hopes and dreams
To quote Double Fine founder Tim Schafer: “Haven’t shipped a game of my own in 4.5 years, an adventure game in 16, a point-n-click in almost 20. Next Tuesday is going to be exciting!”
Welcome to the Broken Age walkthrough! Doug will be your voice-over commentator showing you around the game’s areas.
The End of Act 1. — Here’s the Broken Age: Act 2 Walkthrough!
Do you need help anywhere? Please don’t hesitate to ask in the comments section below. We’re here to help out!