What are the top 10 bestselling video games in America, Japan and Europe this week? Thanks to Amazon online sales data here are the video games that are the hottest worldwide right now.
What follows is a listing of the Top 10 bestsellers per region, for all systems combined.
North America’s Top 10 Games:
1. Call of Duty: Ghosts (Xbox 360)
2. Tomb Raider (Xbox 360)
3. Grand Theft Auto V (Xbox 360)
4. Rocksmith 2014 Edition (Xbox 360)
5. Grand Theft Auto V (PS3)
6. Madden NFL 25 (Xbox 360)
7. Just Dance 2014 (Wii)
8. Rocksmith 2014 Edition (PS3)
9. Call of Duty: Ghosts (PS3)
10. Pokemon X (3DS)
Last year Activision shipped out $1 BILLION worth of Call of Duty: Ghosts copies to stores worldwide! With the military trained German Shepherd named Riley featured heavily in the game, it is expected to sell 24 million copies in its lifetime cycle.
Here’s the Call of Duty: Ghosts TV commercial with Riley Dog & Megan Fox.
Japan’s Top 10 Games:
1. Kirby: Triple Deluxe (3DS)
2. The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds (3DS)
3. Puzzle & Dragons Z (3DS)
4. Final Fantasy X/X-2 HD Remaster (PS3)
5. Pokemon X (3DS)
6. Grand Theft Auto V (PS3)
7. Final Fantasy X/X-2 HD Remaster – TWIN PACK (PS Vita)
8. Monster Hunter 4 (3DS)
9. Pokemon Y (3DS)
10. Super Mario 3D World (Wii U)
This week Kirby: Triple Deluxe launched in Japan on the Nintendo 3DS. Fans can enjoy the 2.5D platformer goodness, with beautiful 3D effects throughout its levels. (Which as a VB fan makes this the kind of 3D gameplay I wanted from a never-released Virtual Boy Color 15 years ago; EPIC!)
The previous new portable game in the Kirby series, 2006′s Kirby: Squeak Squad, managed to sell 1 million in Japan alone (1.7 million worldwide). By the looks of the chart, Kirby: Triple Deluxe is off to a running start about half a year before the rest of the world can enjoy it.
Check out the 3D gameplay in the Japanese Kirby: Triple Deluxe TV commercial!
Europe’s Top 10 Games:
1. Grand Theft Auto V (Xbox 360)
2. Call of Duty: Ghosts (Xbox 360)
3. FIFA 14 (PS4)
4. Minecraft: Xbox 360 Edition (Xbox 360)
5. Assassin’s Creed IV: Black Flag (Xbox 360)
6. Grand Theft Auto V (PS3)
7. FIFA 14 (Xbox 360)
8. Just Dance 2014 (Wii)
9. Assassin’s Creed IV: Black Flag (PS3)
10. Call of Duty: Ghosts (PS3)
At the popular open world game’s launch in September 2013, Rockstar Games shipped out a total of 29 million copies of Grand Theft Auto V to stores worldwide!
Here’s the Grand Theft Auto V commercial that’s airing on TV.
Worldwide Top Games Per System:
- Call of Duty: Ghosts is #1 on the Xbox 360 & Xbox One charts.
- Grand Theft Auto V is #1 on the PS3 chart.
- Just Dance 2014 keeps swinging to first place on the Wii chart.
- Pokemon X returns on the 3DS chart.
- Wii Fit U with Wii Balance Board kicks off the New Year on top of the Wii U chart.
- Assassin’s Creed IV: Black Flag appears on the PS4 chart.
- BioShock Infinite makes a comeback on the PC chart.
- Lego Battles: Ninjago with Lego Ninjago Set jumps to #1 on the DS chart.
- Persona 4 Golden returns at #1 on the PS Vita chart.
- Lastly, The Sims 3: Pets is on top of the Mac chart.