The Need for Speed Rivals walkthrough will guide you through the beginning to ending moments of gameplay with strategy tips for this racing game on the Xbox 360, Xbox One, PS3, PS4 & PC.
Need for Speed Rivals puts you in the seat of an intense, unending street-racing rivalry between cops and racers. Trust no one as you wage war as you earn the fastest cars and most bleeding-edge technology to take over the social, local, and national media.
Let’s start the Need for Speed Rivals walkthrough with an introduction video!
Please note that viewers must be at least ages 7-10 to watch, in Europe & America respectively, because this game includes Mild Violence.
Table of Contents
- RACER CAMPAIGN:
- Tutorial & Prologue
- Chapter 1: Ignition
- Chapter 2: The Beast Has Awoken
- Chapter 3: This Means War
- Chapter 4: Apex Predators
- Chapter 5: Sheep’s Clothing
- Chapter 6: Wolf’s Clothing
- Chapter 7: Devils for Devils
- Chapter 8: Honor Amongst Thieves & Chapter 9: Over the Edge & Racer Ending
- COP CAMPAIGN:
- Chapter 1: First Patrol
- Chapter 2: Gloves Come Off
- Chapter 3: Excessive Force
Index of Need for Speed Rivals Guides:
- This Page: Need for Speed Rivals Walkthrough
- Next Page: How To Unlock All Need for Speed Rivals Cars
- Next Page: Need for Speed Rivals Cheats
- Next Page: Need for Speed Rivals Achievements Guide
- Next Page: Need for Speed Rivals Trophies Guide
Need for Speed Rivals Walkthrough
Welcome to Redview County, where a street-racing rivalry between cops and racers never stops as both sides compete in an all-out war featuring the fastest cars, mods and technology in a gritty open road environment. Play as either a cop or racer, where each side of the law has its own set of high stakes challenges, rewards and consequences. Risk everything in the ultimate high stakes rivalry.
Need for Speed: Rivals captures the adrenaline and intensity of the street’s ultimate rivalry between cops and racers in a stunning open road environment. Built on the Frostbite 3 game engine, Need for Speed Rivals allows gamers play as either a cop or racer, where each side of the law has its own set of high stakes challenges, rewards and consequences. As a racer, the goal is to become infamous for taking risks behind the wheel and capturing your most intense escapes on video for the world to see. The more cops players evade, the more Speed Points they collect, enabling them to unlock new cars and items. Keep raising the stakes race after race to become an ever-more valuable target to the cops — but risk losing it all if busted. As a cop, players work together as part of a team in pursuit of racers, earning prominence and rising in the ranks of the Police Force with every bust. Achieving higher ranks unlocks new police-only cars and more powerful pursuit tech.
Key Game Features:
- Cops vs. Racers – Racers are lone wolves out for their own glory; driving agile cars built for high speed racing and epic chases. Cops work in teams to hunt down and bust racers using the full power of the police force. Intense racing moments are made even more thrilling with access to upgradeable pursuit technology customized to each side.
- Pursuit and Evasion Tech – Intense racing moments are made even more thrilling with access to technology and upgrades customized to each side of the law. Racers can choose evasion technology from jammers to electromagnetic pulses. Cops are outfitted for aggressive busts with shockwaves, roadblocks, helicopter support and more. No matter the side you choose, use technology to keep you one step ahead of your rivals.
- High Stakes Rivalry – Watch the stakes grow through a new scoring system that lets racers risk their speed points to shoot for higher multipliers and greater rewards, or bank their speed points safely when they return to a hideout. The more risk you take on, the faster you can progress, but get busted by the cops and they take your speed points as a reward.
- AllDrive — This revolutionary new feature lets you seamlessly join a world where your friends are already racing and chasing. Single-player and multiplayer are no longer isolated game modes. There are no lobbies, no waiting; everything is seamless.
- Your Car, Your Identity — Power up your car with the latest upgrades in pursuit technology and personalize your bodywork with fresh paintjobs, liveries, custom license plates, rims, and decals to show off your car to the world. With millions of potential combinations you can save different configurations and keep a variety of car packages on alert to leave your mark no matter the situation.
- NFS Network — NFS Network will be the hub for continuing your racing and chasing with access to stats, leaderboards and content uploads direct from the game. Breakdown what’s happening in your friends worlds in real time to see how AllDrive has shaped who owns what in their world. Also in the Network, engage with Need for Speed Rivals from the web, tablet, or mobile in Overwatch, a mini-game that connects you with the console/PC game by letting you help or hinder your friends to earn points towards exclusive paintjobs. Keep a watch on all the other players in your world using a real-time map that locates the cops before you start a race, or quickly find out which hideout is closest for you or your friend to bank Speed Points. Drop police road blocks and helicopters, or alert friends of inbound cops.
Both sides of this intense rivalry have access to unique tools, gadgets, and upgrades to gain a leg up on the other side. Gain access to the newest performance upgrades, tech, and personalization options from paint-jobs and livery to custom licenses plates, rims and decals.
What’s the difference between Cops and Racers?:
– Racers have access to evasion-specific technology ranging from jammers to electromagnetic pulses to get cops off their tails.
– Cops on the other hand don’t mess around with aggressive tools to bust racers from shockwaves and roadblocks to helicopter support and more.
You progress through the game by completing groups of objectives called “Shotlists”.
You can choose a theme to progress through, ranging between Combat, Racing, Driving Skills, and more, and then advance through the tiers, unlocking new cars and story progress as you go, using earned SpeedPoints to unlock additional content.
– Racers earn SpeedPoints through their actions while driving. Races, pursuits, collectibles and driving skills will all award SP, which accumulates the longer the racer continues, gaining higher point multipliers as you go.
Racer must enter a Hideout to bank their accumulated SP permanently. If you are Busted by a Cop before you can bank your SP, you will lose those points.
– Cops earn SpeedPoints through busts. The higher the heat-level of the player being pursued, the more SP the cop will get.
You’ll accumulate Heat as you drive around the world performing various actions. Certain cars will start out with higher Heat levels than others, if they deserve it.
Welcome to the Need for Speed Rivals walkthrough! We’ll start with the Racer part of the campaign, and then cover the Cop section.
Part 2 of Chapter 1:
Need for Speed Rivals Walkthrough continues on Page 2 with Chapter 4: Apex Predators.
Tags: Need for Speed: Rivals