What are the top 10 bestselling video games in America, Japan and Europe this week? Thanks to Amazon online sales data here are the video games that are the hottest worldwide right now.
What follows is a listing of the Top 10 bestsellers per region, for all systems combined.
North America’s Top 10 Games:
1. Killzone: Shadow Fall (PS4)
2. Assassin’s Creed IV: Black Flag (PS4)
3. Call of Duty: Ghosts (Xbox 360)
4. Call of Duty: Ghosts (PS4)
5. Just Dance 2014 (Wii)
6. Pokémon X (3DS)
7. Minecraft: Xbox 360 Edition (Xbox 360)
8. Pokémon Y (3DS)
9. Call of Duty: Ghosts (PS3)
10. Grand Theft Auto V (Xbox 360)
The PlayStation 4 console launched in America & Canada this Friday and went on to sell 1 million units within 24 hours! The first-person shooter Killzone: Shadow Fall from talented Dutch developer Guerrilla Games shows off what next-gen graphics look like. And it is beautiful, which PlayStation fans seem to agree with, making the game this week’s top-selling game worldwide.
Here’s the Killzone: Shadow Fall live-action TV commercial that’s airing everywhere.
Japan’s Top 10 Games:
1. Pokémon X (3DS)
2. Call of Duty: Ghosts – North American Import Version (PS3)
3. Pro Evolution Soccer 2014 (PS3)
4. Grand Theft Auto V (PS3)
5. Pokémon Y (3DS)
6. Monster Hunter 4 (3DS)
7. God Eater 2 (PS Vita)
8. AKB1/149: Love Election – First Press Limited Edition includes ultra-luxury box with “Watanabe Mayu A pattern” photo (PSP)
9. Daigasso! Band Brothers P (3DS)
10. Animal Crossing: New Leaf (3DS)
At launch 4 million Pokefans worldwide simultaneously picked up their Nintendo 3DS (or 2DS) to play (one or both of) the first two games in the sixth generation of main Pokemon games, Pokemon X and Y. “Gotta catch ‘em all!”
Check out the epic Pokemon X and Y Live-Action TV commercial!
Europe’s Top 10 Games:
1. Call of Duty: Ghosts (Xbox 360)
2. Minecraft: Xbox 360 Edition (Xbox 360)
3. Grand Theft Auto V (Xbox 360)
4. Call of Duty: Ghosts (PS3)
5. Assassin’s Creed IV: Black Flag (Xbox 360)
6. Just Dance 2014 (Wii)
7. FIFA 14 (Xbox 360)
8. Grand Theft Auto V (PS3)
9. Lego Marvel Super Heroes (Xbox 360)
10. Professor Layton and The Azran Legacy (3DS)
So far Activision has shipped out $1 BILLION worth of Call of Duty: Ghosts copies to stores worldwide! Let’s keep calling it Call of Duty: Dogs, though!
Here’s the Call of Duty: Ghosts TV commercial with Megan Fox that’s airing everywhere.
To recap the top games per system:
- Killzone: Shadow Fall debuts high at the PlayStation 4 launch.
- Call of Duty: Ghosts stays on the Xbox 360 & PS3 charts.
- Pokémon X and Pokémon Y rule the 3DS chart.
- Just Dance 2014 keeps swinging to first place on the Wii chart.
- Battlefield 4 remains on top of the PC chart.
- New Super Mario Bros jumps to #1 on the DS chart.
- The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker HD is on top of the Wii U chart.
- Need for Speed: Most Wanted returns at #1 on the PS Vita chart.
- Lastly, The Sims 3: Into the Future is atop the Mac chart.