Here you find out for Pokemon X and Y how to get Mewtwo! Mewtwo is a Pokemon X and Y special hidden/secret Legendary Pokemon who can not easily be captured within the game; Which makes it a rare Pokemon like Mew.
How to find Mewtwo in Pokemon X and Y is important, because how to catch Mewtwo in Pokemon X and Y alongside its Mewtwonite X or Y Mega Stone can only be done at one location in both Nintendo 3DS RPG games. — Don’t miss your chance to catch this exceedingly rare Pokémon! Follow the steps described on this page by scrolling down…
Index of Pokemon X and Y Guides:
- This Page: Pokemon X and Y: How To Get Mewtwo
- Next Page: Pokemon X and Y: How To Get Zygarde
- Next Page: Pokemon X and Y: How To Get Xerneas
- Next Page: Pokemon X and Y: How To Get Yveltal
- Next Page: Pokemon X and Y: How To Get Torchic with Mega Stone
- Next Page: Pokemon X and Y Walkthrough
- Next Page: Pokemon X and Y Cheats
- Next Page: Pokemon X and Y Money Cheat
- Next Page: Pokemon X and Y: How To Level Up Fast
- Next Page: Pokemon X and Y Easter Eggs
- Next Page: Pokemon X and Y Glitches
Pokemon X and Y: How To Get Mewtwo
Pokemon X and Y players can get a special Mewtwo plus the Mewtwonite X or Y, the Mega Stone needed for Mewtwo X or Y’s Mega Evolution. As you can probably guess, Mega Mewtwo X is exclusive to Pokemon X and Mega Mewtwo Y is exclusive to Pokemon Y.
This Level 70 Psychic-type Legendary Pokémon knows the moves Aura Sphere, Psychic, Barrier, and Recover, a solid foundation of moves to start Mewtwo’s growth.
• STEP 1: You must first have beaten the Elite 4.
• STEP 2: Take Route 20: Winding Woods to Pokemon Village.
• STEP 3: In Pokemon Village keep going left until you reach a river. Cross the water with Surf by going up until you reach a waterfall, then get out of the water onto the path on your right.
• STEP 4: Here at the top of the Pokemon Village area, there will be a cave called “Unknown Dungeon” that was blocked by a man before you beat the Elite 4. Now that it’s open, go inside the cave and you’ll be given the chance to catch a level 70 Mewtwo.
• STEP 5: If your Pokemon are of equal or higher level they should be able to hold their own and weaken Mewtwo until its HP bar goes into the yellow (with about 1/3rd health left).
• STEP 6: With Mewtwo weakened enough you can throw a Dust Ball to catch Mewtwo, since you’re in a dark cave it should work on the first throw! — This Mewtwo has a really low capture rate of 3, so other Pokeballs that work when its health bar becomes a red color: You’ll need around 40 Ultra Balls, or one Master Ball for an easy catch.
• STEP 7: You receive the Mewtwonite X (in Pokemon X) and Mewtwonite Y (in Pokemon Y) Mega Stone in in this same cave right after you catch Mewtwo! But if it’s not automatically received by you, then visit this cave again between 8PM and 9PM.
ALL 7 STEPS are shown in this video guide. Press play and it will show you with voice-over tips how to get Mewtwo in Pokemon X and Y:
Tip: Before battle heal all your Pokemon in a Pokemon Center and then save your game in case anything goes wrong. When in battle make sure to never kill the Pokemon you’re trying to catch or you’ll fail, but not entirely since you can then reload the game you just saved before the battle.
Important note about Mega Mewtwo X and Y: Mewtwo X and Y are the Mega Evolutions of Mewtwo. If you miss your chance to catch this Mewtwo, you will not be able to Mega Evolve Mewtwo X or Y. So get Mewtwo and the Mewtwonite X or Y Mega Stone, and blaze toward Mega Evolution!
Special thanks to Pheonixmaster for the voice-over video guide with all the handy tips!