Here is the biggest newly discovered Pokemon X and Y glitches, which comes down to a game-breaking glitch you should be warned about.
Note that the glitch fix patch is coming early next week, so keep an eye out for the Pokemon X and Y game update on your Nintendo 3DS or 2DS system.
Index of Pokemon X and Y Guides:
- This Page: Pokemon X and Y Glitches
- Next Page: Pokemon X and Y Walkthrough
- Next Page: Pokemon X and Y Cheats
- Next Page: Pokemon X and Y Money Cheat
- Next Page: Pokemon X and Y: How To Level Up Fast
- Next Page: Pokemon X and Y Easter Eggs
- Next Page: Pokemon X and Y: How To Get Zygarde
- Next Page: Pokemon X and Y: How To Get Xerneas
- Next Page: Pokemon X and Y: How To Get Yveltal
- Next Page: Pokemon X and Y: How To Get Mewtwo
- Next Page: Pokemon X and Y: How To Get Torchic with Mega Stone
Pokemon X and Y Glitches
Location: This glitch happens when you save the game outside of buildings in Lumiose City.
Glitch Description: In some rare cases, if the player saves Pokemon X or Y in certain areas of Lumiose City (see below map), then ends the game, the controls will not respond when the saved game is reloaded.
The solution: To avoid this glitch, please make sure you don’t save the game while in the areas marked on the map below (blue area). You can still save the game anywhere else in Lumiose City, including inside buildings such as Pokémon Centers (which is recommended!).
Here’s the full glitch video:
What to do if this glitch already happened to you?:
Wait. There will be a solution for players who already had this glitch happen to them. Nintendo are preparing an application to recover saved game data for players whom this has happened to. This will be made available to download from Nintendo eShop as soon as possible.
Doug also offers a few potential glitch fixes that are not guaranteed:
Step 1: Load your game.
Step 2: As the game loads wait for the music to start.
Step 3: Mash the home button until it works.
Step 1: Shut down the 3DS,
Step 2: Take the SD Card out of the 3DS
Step 3: Start the game up again without the SD Card in there (naturally, this will only work on retail copies). There has been word of people managing to get their save files going again this way.